Chapter Eighteen

SOPHIA'S POV

Three days. I've been here for three days and it's been awful. They keep putting wolfsbane in my food so I can't eat and the water they give me is contaminated and gross. Not to mention the constant beatings that I've been forced to endure. That's the worst. They've chained me to the wall and would have their fair share of me. They would punch me, hit me, inject silver into my body, and at least three times a day, they would rape me. And if I cried once, they would whip me or rape me again. 

'Carson is going to save us,' Lydia says and I believe her, the question is by the time he saves us, will there be anything left to save. My ability to heal is slowing down to the rate of a human and I think it's because of the silver injections. 

A guard pulls me out of my thoughts and unchains me. I stay silent knowing if I talk, I'll be punished. He takes me to a room that has a single chair in the middle and ties me too it. He then leaves and a man walks in. 

"Hello daughter," He says. Wait a second. My father captured me? I growl. "Oh don't be like that, I just want to spend some quality time with my daughter. Don't you want to spend some time with your dad?" He says while walking closer to me. "No. You may be my father but you will never be my dad and I would never want to spend time with you especially after this," I say. "Oh you really shouldn't have said that. Your loss, it's going to make killing your mate that much easier," He says. I growl again. "Don't you dare touch him," I say. "Oh I'm not but she is," As he says this a girl who looks familiar walks in. 

"Miss me bitch," She says in her snooty voice. "Rebecca," I say. "Yep that's me, and I'm the one that's going to kill Carson and you're going to be used as bait," At this I start to cry knowing what's she gonna do. Next thing I know she shoves a knife in my side and pulls it out just as quick, the blood already gushing out. 

I stay in that chair for three hours, bleeding. Thankfully, I've been able to keep my mark covered and I think I can still mind link Carson. 'Carson can you hear me,' I really hope he can. 'Sophia is that you?' 'Yeah,' I say tears streaming down my face. 'Listen to me, if you try to save me they are going to kill you. Rebecca's here and let me tell you will stop at nothing to kill you,' "I think you should have told me that sooner babe," He says. Yeah that's right says.

"Carson, are you really here?" I ask in disbelief. "Yeah but not for long," He says and with that he unties me. I try to walk but from the abuse and the silver, I fall to the floor. "Carson, I can't walk," I say. "Shh, it's okay I got you," He says while picking me up and carrying me bridal style. He runs out the door and it was almost too easy, way too easy. "Carson something's wrong," He looks at me confused. "We just ran out of there. How come no one tried to stop us?" I ask. "Maybe because we either killed or captured every single person in that place," I look at him in shock. 

"They took mate, what was I supposed to do?" He says. "Aspen is that you?" "You know it babe," He says and then hands control back to Carson, his icy blue eyes returning. "Carson, it hurts," I say while snuggling closer to his chest. "What hurts baby?" He asks concern gracing his beautiful features. "Everything," I mumble. "I just...I want to... sleep," I say closing my eyes. "Princess, you have to stay awake for a few more minutes okay? Just look at me." But it's too late. I let the darkness consume me and I'm faintly aware that he's now sprinting towards the pack house. 

CARSON'S POV

I start sprinting faster and faster knowing that she could die in my arms. I mind link Dr. Michael and tell him to prepare a team and a room for Sophia. I get to the hospital and reluctantly hand her off to him. After about two hours, Dr. Michael comes back out and takes me into her room.

She's not awake yet, and he said she will probably wake up sometime today or tomorrow or maybe even not at all. "Alpha, she is going to have extensive emotional trauma and physical trauma. They beat her and whipped her. Now Alpha, I need you to stay calm  for what I tell you next," "Okay," "Those guards raped her. Thankfully, she is not pregnant," I growl at the rape part and it takes all I have to not punch a hole in the wall. "As for her physical trauma, she has lots of bruises, along with cuts. One of which was made by a knife and what caused her to pass out in your arms. She will most likely have nightmares and will be afraid of other people, including you," "Thanks doc," I say and then he leaves me with my mate.

"Sophia, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but you have to come back to me baby. You have to fight. I can't live without you. I won't live without you because you're going to wake up," I say while holding her hand in mine. I sit with her for what seems like forever but was only three hours. Eventually I fall asleep, but am quickly awoken by someone's hand moving. I shoot up and look at Sophia hoping to see those beautiful green orbs and I do. 

"Hi baby," I say a few stray tears fall down my face at the sight of her eyes open. She points to the cup of water and I press it to her lips. She drinks it happily and I set it back down once she's finished. She looks like she wants to talk but is afraid too. "You can talk if you want," I say. "When can I leave?" She asks. Dr. Michael walks in and she cowers away and moves closer to me. "Hi Sophia, you're alright, I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted you to know that you can leave right now as long as you promise to not do any strenuous physical activity," Sophia nods her head and the nurse walks in with the wheel chair. 

I walk side by side with the wheel chair and help her into the car. I hold her hand the whole way home and I'm thankful that she isn't afraid of me, or at least not totally. I carry her into the pack house and upstairs to my bedroom. I lay her down on the bed and go to change into my back sweatpants. I don't bother putting on a shirt and I think she takes it the wrong way.

She cowers away from me and the light bulb goes on in my head. "No baby, your safe, I'm not going to do anything. You're okay, you're safe," She seems to understand and lets me wrap her arms around her. Again, she looks like she wants to talk but is afraid to. "Why are you afraid to talk?" I ask softly while tracing light patterns on her arms. 

"I wasn't allowed to talk there without getting whipped," She says while tears stream down her face. I turn her so she's looking at me and I wipe her tears. "Princess, that won't happen here. You know that right?" I say. 

"Yeah, but I got used to it and sometimes I can't tell the difference," I pull her closer to my chest and wrap my arms around her tighter. "You're safe here, remember that," I say before moving us, so we're under the covers. "Sleep," I mumble. I make sure she's asleep before I let it overtake me.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

A/N

Carson saved her!!!! YAY!!!!

This book is getting a good amount of reads and I want to say thanks for voting and commenting!!!!

QOTC: Do you guys like the QOTCs?????