His lips broke into a smug smile as he grabbed a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, as one of the waiters passed by. Oikawa gripped the wine glass tight in his hands as he took a fine sip of the drink. Oikawa's cheeks flared at how strong it was, but the booze surely assuaged the heavy feeling on his chest, washing down all the pain he was feeling along with the beverage.

Oikawa finally met him again after three years.

The man who made his heart do somersaults whenever he caught a glimpse of him, and the man who shattered him into pieces, all the same.

Oikawa thought that he was all set for this day to come. He thought that he wouldn't feel a single pang in his chest when his gaze met Iwaizumi's. He thought that he would be able to look at him in the eye, and with a smug expression on his face, he would say: "I made it, I survived. I survived three long years which felt like forever without you by my side. I'm finally healed, Hajime. What I once thought was a permanent scar, has finally mended. I'm finally whole again."

Oikawa heaved a deep sigh as he left the wine glass on top the high table nearest to him. His vision sought Suga and Daichi, but he decided to just send them a message saying he already left.

The skies were already dark and the lights flickered on as Oikawa made his way out of the venue. His feet brought him directly to the parking lot, where his trusted driver left his car for him.

  ••• 

The skies made rumbling sounds, and it wasn't long enough until rain water started to pour. The rain gave off that fresh, earthy smell as it hit the ground. The scent assaulted Oikawa's nostrils, causing his lips to twitch. He quickened his pace as he groped around for his keys inside his pocket. His other hand was on top of his head, shielding it from the rain.

"Shit!" Oikawa let out a firm cuss as he dropped his keys, emitting a faint chinking sound as they hit the ground. Oikawa couldn't see a thing with his glasses bleary, with the raindrops and the parking lot being dimly lit.

Oikawa was already soaking wet as he let out an annoyed huff, still unable to find his keys that fell to the ground. He noticed that he wasn't getting any wetter, and if the rain stopped pouring over him. He looked around and saw that it was still raining, he could still hear its unpleasant noise as it touched the earth.

"Hey," the brunette nearly jumped, aghast as he turned around, his fists balled into a tight grip, ready to punch the unknown person who was behind him.

He lowered his defenses when he realized it was Iwaizumi, holding an umbrella in his left hand as he kept them shielded from the rain.

Oikawa's expression turned grim as he turned his back against him and continued searching for his keys again. "Here," Iwaizumi opened his palm as Oikawa slowly turned his head to the side, grabbing the keys from his open hand and unlocking his car door.

"Oi, let's talk, please." Iwaizumi's voice broke as tears started edging his eyes. Oikawa completely ignored his request as he revved up the car's engine, preparing to drive out of the venue.

"Please, Oi! Talk to me!" Oikawa bitterly pressed the horn repeatedly as Iwaizumi blocked his path, propping his hands on top of the headlights.

"What do you want to talk about Hajime?!" Oikawa finally gave in as he slammed the car's door behind him, his heart beat going ballistic as he bravely faced Iwaizumi with a stoic expression on his face.

"I just wanted to say sorry, for everything." Iwaizumi bit his lower lip as raindrops mixed with his tears on his face. He looked at Oikawa, who flashed his resting bitch face, seeming uninterested with what Iwaizumi has to say.