'Get out!' I shouted again.

But once again, Marcus denied my wishes.

'You asked my why I didn't want you to befriend Oliver again,' Marcus narrowed his eyes. 'So that's what I did!'

'Well I had no idea you were going to say... That!' I exclaimed back. 'And for the third time, get out of this apartment.'

'No,' Marcus towered over me domineeringly.

'Then goodbye, Marcus,' I said quickly, picking up my essentials and heating out of the apartment.

I was done with Marcus, and I didn't care if he got hurt without me there. I had no love for that man anymore.

Storming out of the room in pure hatred, I bumped into Laurel.

'Laurel,' I said slowly, trying to control myself, but I soon felt tears trickle down my cheeks.

'Oh my god, Aria, are you okay?' Laurel asked in an extremely worried tone, hugging me at once.

'I wish I was,' I cried.

'What happened?' Laurel asked me, still rather concerned.

'Me and Marcus,' I explained as easily as I could. 'It's over.'

'Is he the boyfriend that stopped you being friends with me?' Laurel realised, suddenly filled with rage towards him.

I nodded quickly, trying to calm myself down, remembering how Marcus demanded I distance myself from Laurel because she was associated with Oliver.

'I think you're better off without him, Aria,' Laurel talked some sense into me. 'He's such a control freak, and I know you didn't see that at the time, but you do now.'

'I heard that you're an attorney now,' I tried to make conversation. 'Your dad never stops talking about how great you are.'

'Same here,' Laurel smiled. 'My father always talks about your work at the SCPD.'

Observing my luggage and upset state, Laurel joined up the dots about what had happened.

'Did he kick you out?' Laurel asked, angry again. 'Of your own apartment?'

'Not exactly,' I shook my head. 'I left, actually. I realised what an idiot he was.'

'I'm glad you came to your senses,' Laurel joked, causing me to smile. 'You can stay at mine for a while if you want, once you get back on your feet.'

'Really?' I was taken back in surprise. 'I wasn't at all that nice to you, so why are you being nice to me?'

'It wasn't you who was being the mean one, Aria,' Laurel said matter-of-factly. 'It was that jerk who was the problem.'

'Thank you, so so much,' I cried with joy. 'You're such a great friend, I have no idea why I let Marcus take you away from me.'

'Me neither,' Laurel laughed as we headed to her apartment.

With a free day left to my own devices, I made my way down to SC Jitters for a much needed cup of coffee and a bite to eat. Laurel was at her law firm, the City Necessary Resources Initiative, or CNRI for short, and I had no shifts for the day. It made me realise how dull my life had been, committing my time solely to work and Marcus. Now I only had work.