7. Surprise Call

silence.

that was it. just complete silence on the drive back home. remember that little incident back at the mall? mikoto wasn't too thrilled to find the uchiha and i were sitting in the security's guard office, especially sasuke since he was handcuffed and was gonna get sent to the police for "assault" but before they could even get in contact with them i told them we were just playing around and he didn't mean any harm. as much as i dislike the uchiha jerk, i couldn't let him get in trouble for false assumptions.

after hearing me i also got in trouble for making a false statement of "rape" and that i shouldn't be joking around like that. the security guard's then contacted mikoto with my phone and she came as quick as she could. not looking happy at all. she talked to the guards and they let us go. we agreed to not cause trouble the next time we come back to the mall. seeing mikoto's face tells us we weren't coming back here for the longest time.

the uchiha pulled up in the driveway-yes he drove us since mikoto didn't feel like taking her car. he turned the ignition off and took his keys out. right when i put my hand on the door to bolt the hell out of there, mikoto coughed.

"[name]-san, Sasuke,"

i gulped and i could feel the uchiha was just as nervous as i was. before i could say anything she spoke out first. "don't mention what happened to your father or he'll be furious. what happened today was unacceptable and i can't believe you two misbehaved like that. my son couldve been arrested! and [name]-san, you could've gotten into a lot of trouble as well."

"im sorry, mom" sasuke said.

"im really sorry mikoto-san," i said feeling guilty.

she nodded and sighed. she smiled at the both of us, "enough of that, how about we bring in the stuff and get ready for dinner!"

the uchiha and i agreed without saying anything and brought in the many bags of clothes-like 7 bags whoops. i bought a lil too many i admit. the clothes looked cute and i couldn't help it and considering i can't get my clothes at my apartment after what had happened. and i don't know how long im staying at their house. the thought then brought me thinking about my dad...i wonder if he's okay? before we left to the mall fugaku said he couldn't get in contact with him since he had to tell him what happened and that i was staying with them for a while.

"dad," i muttered. i miss him so much. why did he have to have a job that made him go places so far away? everytime he does it feels like we're getting drifted apart, slowly and slowly. on the way back from the mall i texted him and asked when he was gonna come back home but so far he hasn't replied yet or read my message.

i sighed and took the bags of clothes to the guest room i was using and placed them on the bed. before i could go through one of the bags, my phone vibrated in my pocket. hm? i reached inside my back pocket and took my iphone 5 out and looked at the caller id. my eyes widened in surprise and my heart pounded fast. i quickly answered the phone and nearly shouted.

"omg mom!!"

"hey sweetie, im sorry i didn't call you sooner but ive been busy and my phone service hasn't been working well over here. how are you dear? and its almost time for you to visit me again."

my eyes watered, "i miss you a lot, and okay in a way. and i almost forgot,"

"i miss you too sweetie you have no idea. and what do you mean you guess? is everything alright over there??"