Part 4

Madhu was almost in tears, it's been one week since RK talked to her properly. He avoided her like the plague since the day they met at the mall and she didn't even know why. Every time she tried talking to him he would either walk away as if he didn't notice her or he would make some excuses and leave. Now they no longer had lunch together because he never showed up for lunch due to "various" reasons which not only Madhu, Saket and Protheek even Sukriti started finding weird. Today she was determined to talk to RK, come what may, she will find out why he is behaving so strangely. She walked into the canteen with Sukriti and quickly found Saket, Protheek and Varun sitting together.

"Where is RK?" Madhu asked without any preamble. "He didn't come to college today." Saket replied. "What happened? Is he alrite?" Madhu asks worried. "Yeah he is fine. He said no one is at home so he was feeling lazy." Saket replied. Madhu had a huge suspicion that RK hadn't come to college just to avoid her. "Where does he stay?" Madhu asks quickly making up her mind. Saket gives her RK's address as Madhu took down the address Mads who had been sitting on the table near to theirs and listening quickly got up and hurried out.

Forty five minutes later, Madhu walked into RK's house or rather his uncle's house. She notices a car parked there and wondered whose it is. RK didn't have a car, could it be his uncle's? Madhu was about to press the bell when she realized the door was unlocked she gently opens the door and walks inside. She softly called out RK's name. She hears some muffled sound coming from a room and she walked towards the room. She gently pushed open the door calling out RK's name and then stopped in shock as she took in the sight before her. Her RK was lying on the foot of the bed. He was not alone, Mads was lying with him or rather he was lying on top of her. Her eyes stung as she watched her love, trust and belief of so many years lying with another girl and not just any girl but her enemy, in bed. Suddenly sensing someone at the door RK looked at her side and seeing her there he pulled himself up quickly "Dumbo..." RK gently started but not wanting to hear anything Madhu ran out. "Dumbo, listen to me!" RK shouted as he ran behind her. Luckily for Madhu a passing by auto stopped for her and she quickly sat in. She saw RK coming out running behind her and screaming her to stop but he himself stopped when he heard Mads call him as she came out behind him. RK turned and walked towards Mads and not able to see anymore Madhu looked ahead as the tears flowed down in gallons.

Madhu didn't know where to go to or what to do; she had got out of the auto and walked aimlessly. Hours later she had found herself in her college cathedral. Madhu sat in one corner and tried to forget what she had seen at RK's house but the more she tried to forget it the more it kept coming back to her. How could RK do this to me? She wondered for the millionth time. He was supposed to marry me. He had promised me that, and then what was he doing with Mads? Suddenly she remembered that RK thought Mads was her. Is that why he was with her? Did he decide to be with Mads? Is that why he was avoiding her? But he hated her. Was she the reason for RK being with Mads? Madhu didn't know what to think and what to believe. She roughly brushed away her tears as she thought of RK. Her cell continued to buzz, she picked it up and saw RK's name flash. She cut the call; he had been calling her ever since she left his house. She didn't want to talk to him, she didn't want to talk to anyone, she wanted her bhaiyya. She hugged herself and continued to cry when her cell buzzed again. She was about to cut the call again when she saw the screen flash bhaiyya. She quickly picked up the call and before she could even say a hello Sultan started talking from the other end "Madhu? Is everything alright there?" "Bhaiyya..." "I don't know Madhu, I am feeling restless, and I've this very bad feeling that something is not right. I couldn't sleep that is why I called you at this time. You are fine right?" Sultan asked worried. Hearing Sultan Madhu starts wailing "I don't want to stay here. I want to come back home." "What happened, Madhu? Did someone say something? Did any1 hurt you?" he asks even more worried and getting angry. "I just want to come back home. Now." "Now? At this time? Tomorrow morning Madhu I'll get your flight tickets ready. You please stop crying." "I miss you bhaiyya." Madhu cried. "Even I miss you, Madhu. Don't worry okay? Everything will be fine." "Okay." Madhu replies as she wiped her tears "Don't tell baba okay?" "Okay I won't." Sultan tells her. "We will talk when we meet, okay? And whatever it is I'll sort it out." Sultan promises her. "Now go to sleep." Sultan gently tells her. "Sleep?" Madhu wonders out loud and then looks around her to see darkness. It was night and she didn't even realize it? "Yeah go to sleep. I'll call you in the morning." Sultan instructs her. "Okay goodnight bhaiyya." "Goodnight. And please don't cry...okay?" "Okay." Madhu replies. Madhu was about to hang up when Sultan hurriedly called her name "Yeah?" "Madhu, will you be fine? Or should I call RK and ask him to take you to his house for tonight?" Sultan asks worried. Hearing RK's name Madhu starts crying again. "What is it Madhu? Did RK do something?" Sultan asks hesitantly and a little worried. Madhu continued to cry worrying Sultan to no end. Finally Madhu says in a heartbroken tone "He likes someone else." Hearing her Sultan was silent for a few seconds then gently says "Tomorrow morning I'll come and pick you up."