18 | Love? Not Yet.

Beginne am Anfang

"But tell me, did you sail across the sun? Did you make it to the Milky Way. To see the lights all faded. And that heaven is overrated? Tell me, did you fall from a shooting star? One without a permanent scar. And did you miss me. While you were looking for yourself out there?" I knew he wasn't completely asleep, only because his soft snoring hasn't started yet, even if I could hear Riker's.

"Now that she's back from that soul vacation. Tracing her way through the constellation, hey. She checks out Mozart while she does Tae-Bo. Reminds me that there's room to grow, hey. Now that she's back in the atmosphere. I'm afraid that she might think of me as. Plain ol' Jane told a story about a man. Who was too afraid to fly so he never did land." By now, his soft snores began, but I just had to sing the chorus again.

"But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet? Did you finally get the chance. To dance along the light of day. And head back to the Milky Way? And tell me, did Venus blow your mind? Was it everything you wanted to find? And did you miss me. While you were looking for yourself out there?" I end the call and stand up, looking myself over in the body mirror.

Today, my Great Uncle Enzo is getting a new heart. The whole family is going to wait in the hospital while this all happens, and I couldn't wait to see his new beating heart.

• • •

"Damiano?" My Uncle Lorenzo asks. A male, a little shorter than Uncle Lorenzo, gave everyone a small smile.

"Uh... H-hi." I shake my head.

"They only speak Italian, sir." I say to him.

"Excuse me but, who are you?" He asks me.

"Laura Marano. I live in California." I say, holding my hands out. His eyes go wide a bit. "Damiano, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Um, hold on a sec." He says, looking back at my Uncle Enzo. "Enzo, un momento nel corridoio per favore?" Huh? Why does he need a moment in the hall with him? (<Enzo, a moment in the hall please?>)

Sighing, I look down at my lap and begin to create a tweet on Twitter.

@lauramarano: Pray for my Great Uncle Lorenzo as he prepares for a heart surgery! Hopefully his new heart suits him well ❤️❤️

With a successful smile, I look over to my right to see the rest of my family giving me a weird look. I'm missing something.

| Ross Lynch |

"Why are you so tired?" Rydel asks, messing up my hair. I yawn for the seventh time in the last five minutes and rub my eyes.

"I couldn't sleep." I reply. It was nearly noon and I woke up fifteen minutes ago. Luckily, someone let me sleep in or else I might have just smacked someone.

"He was up at like four Skyping Laura. He woke me up." Ryland says, sitting beside me.

"How is it between you two?" Gosh, not Riker too!

"Fine. Her uncles out of surgery now so hopefully he's all good. I'm suppose to Skype her tonight but I might not be uses I do need sleep." I explain, eating another bite of my bagel.

"You still like her, right? Because this you will be her first boyfriend and you already stole her first-"

"Yes, mom. I still like Laura." I clarify. "In fact, she taught me how to say I like you in Italian." I say, a smile on my face. "Mi piaci." I add.

"Aw, look at the way he's smiling! My baby's in love!" Shaking my head fast, I drop my bagel out of my hand. Definitely not love. Not yet, anyways.

"No, mom. I've only know her since October. I'm not in love with her. Not yet." I reply. She puts her hand sup in surrender and walks out the door of the bus. "And by the way, when we do end tour and Laura gets back, I'm probably going to be inviting her over a lot and having her spend the night. Vice versa for her house. You all cool with that?" I ask.

"Sure. Like we've said a million times, we like her." Rydel confirms, messing with my hair again.

"Cool." I smile and throw my plate away and head out of the bus as well.

• you'll understand why this chapter is next chapter. i have my reasons. now, what'd you think about damiano? And who so you think he is? it's probably really obvious, but still, comment below who you think he is. don't forget to vote and follow me! love you, babes💜