Jackson

Wow. I am an idiot. I helped her with her wheel chair then walked her to class, all the while talking. At first I was ready to jump in and help her. Once I'd helped I was afraid to open my mouth. Once I'd managed to do that I was talking easily. She was really easy to talk to.

But looking back, I wasn't so sure. I barley remembered what I'd said. I was probably an idiot. I probably acted like a fool. She now though I was a boring foolish idiot that didn't like track and field. Oh yeah, my chances with her were great.

When I got to gym, Nate waved me over to him. He was sitting on the bleachers, drinking water. He'd already run a few laps, and now team two was going. Shoot. I missed my first run. Coach was going to hear about this.

"Hey man. Where were you?" Nate asked. But he was smiling. And it was an evil smile. I looked around before I sat down, Nate was one for pranks.

"Sorry man. Did Mrs. W notice?" I asked after deeming  it safe to sit beside him.

"Yeah. She started drilling me about where you were."

"Oh, sorry. What did you tell her? What bait did she take?" I immediately felt bad. Mrs. W could be harsh, but come up with some good bait and she'll take it, wether she knows  it's true or not. She's also the creative writing teacher.

" She didn't take bait. She took the truth." He replied casually.

"That you didn't know? That's a first, she never takes that." I say, slightly confused.

"Nope, not that I didn't know, I knew where you were." He starts, smile growing. I'm afraid. This is not going to end well for me. Or Ella. Oh gosh.

"I told her you were helping the friendly Nerd with her wheels." He said simply.

That didn't sound to bad. Maybe Nate was feeling kind today. I let out a breath of relief.

"Said you were being her hero and you might not show up at all because she was going to be 'thanking' you."

"NATE!" I scream.

He jumps up. "Oh look, our turn to run!"

I chase after him, and soon we're running around the track, the rest of the class watching the crazy friends as one try's to kill the other.