Prologue

"Okay, man. We made a deal," The god said grinning wildly.

"Listen, do we have to do this?" The pale god asked. "What was the point of this? Do we really want to risk ourselves being yelled at because of this bet?"

"Planning to choose someone you know huh?"

"I never said that."

"You talked like you were."

"Well, I don't plan to."

"So you are going to to choose someone? I figured you threaten me if I forced you to do this."

The god smiled evilly. "Is that an option?"

"Nope," The god smirked at his friend. "Nice try though."

The god thought for a moment. How would he ever choose someone to punish like this? Although he was known to be pretty grumpy around the other gods, he wasn't cruel enough to do something like this to an innocent person. Even if they are a murderer or something.

"Are you gonna choose a mortal?" The god asked, pulling the pale god out of his thoughts.

"Why would I ever do that?" He asked.

"You know, just to mess with them." The god snickered.

"You know I have no interest in mortals," The god said through a sigh.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"What about past my love?"

The god worked hard not to yell. He spoke through gritted teeth. "I no longer have an interest in her."

"So you admit that you used to," The god decided grinning once more.

"I admit nothing," The pale god muttered. Honestly, how has he not thrown his friend into Tartarus yet?

"You know you did. And still do," The god pushed while drinking a shot of liquor. The two were alone in a closed bar that was trashed, thanks to them. The god went for another shot but was stopped when the other god shoved him against the wall, making him drop his glass cup. It shattered into a million pieces. The god gripped the other god's green and purple robes, as if it would get rid of his anger.

"I don't, nor did I ever, have a love interest in your past love. Besides, even if I did, it is none of your business to ask about it," He spoke in a deadly voice, poison dripping from each word. "I suggest you tend to your business and  leave me to tend to mine."

"Dude, I understand you don't want to talk about it. It's alright. But please, just know this: it's alright to have an interest in her. You have to admit that she is quite a lovely woman."

The god shoved him against the wall again, leaving splinters from the wall stuck in the god's thin robes. "What did I just say? I never want to hear of her again. Not her name, not even your past memories of her. She's gone now. Married to a mortal. Leave her to herself."

"Oh, come on, man." The god messed with his leave crown and pushed the pale hands off himself. "Just because you never got her, doesn't mean you have to completely shun M-"

"I told to never speak her name near me!" The god exploded. He glared fire at the god. His friend stared at him with worried eyes, as if he was genuinely frightened by him. The pale god sighed deeply. He walked over to the bar and sat on it. He spoke in a small voice. "You've already taken her once, do not remind me of my sorrow."

The god pushed his green and purple robes behind him and joined the other god on the bar. "Listen, man, I'm sorry. I've told you a million times, I'm sorry. You said you forgave me, but I'm starting to doubt that."

"I told you before, I forgive you and I am a man to my word." The god jumped off the bar. "You won the bet. I will do what I was told. And for your information, I will not choose a mortal. I want nothing to do with them anymore."

"But don't you-"

"I am aware of my occupation!" The god exploded once more. His hair caught ablaze. "You should know that we'll have something to do with mortals."

"Uh, your hair's on fire again," The other god pointed to his friend's head. The god took a deep breath and replaced his blue fire hair with black hair smoothed back onto his head. "So, who are you choosing? Another god? What about Aphrodite! That'd be hilarious! She'd be so ticked. She'd be like, Why isn't my hair fluffy! What happened my jewelry? How did I get meat stuck in my teeth? I'm a vegetarian!"

The god continued to crack up while the other god sliced his pale hand through the alcohol-smelling air and brought up the image of a camp. He zoomed in on a young girl with long hair tied in a sloppy bun. She laughed as she walked with her tall, thin friend who would wipe his grease-covered hand on her face ever so often just to annoy her. Two older boys joined them. They all walked as a small group until three other boys stumbled up to them and began pulling at the girl, trying to take her away from the group. The three boys in the group started yelling at the boys, who yelled right back.

The girl said nothing, she only glared at the tallest, who glared at her right back and yelled at her. The girl's fists clenched as she punched him in the gut and stormed off with a smug smirk on her face. The boys all became silent, staring at her back as she walked away.

"As amusing as it sounds, I've chosen someone else, something who I know won't kill me if I mess with them, but will also manage being disturbed," The god smirked. "I've chosen my victim. But remember this, if someone yells at me, I'm getting you back. This was your idea."

"You say victim as if this person intends to get you back." The god stopped laughing. The pale god looked at the girl as she slammed her cabin door shut.

"If she's the camper I know, she'll find a way."

(A.N.)

Hello! Was this a good first chapter? I feel it was short. Trust me, future chapter will be longer. No need to worry. This was just the beginning.

Most of these characters are not mine! Credit to Mr. Riordan!

If you read the description, you'll know the whole story behind the characters' names. These people are real!

This story started out as a small story for my friends. I hope it turns into a long-lasting story that people can go to if they want to get away from the lovey-dovey fanfiction and settle for something simple.

That's all from me!

- Daughter of Dionysus