one : happy bithday

doddie

" happy birthday to you

happy birthday to you

happy birthday dear doddie,

happy birthday to you! "

my family's sang, gathered around the small cake. it's my birthday today as you can hopefully tell. my family is not the wealthiest but my parents still tried to give me a good 17th birthday.

"alright everyone , time for gifts!" my mother sang, getting everyone's attention.

"this ones from me and aunt barba" my uncle teddy smiled, handing me a small card.

"thank you so much" i smiled.

the rest of my family gave me lots of cards and some money, which i will save up for college next year.

"and last but not least, my turn" my mother smiled, handing me a small box.

i opened the box seeing a beautiful heart neckless with a locket, i smiled up at my mom and she motioned for me to open the charm up. when i opened it i saw a picture of me, my mom and my dad who passes away in the army 5 years ago. i covered my mouth and a tear slowly rolled down my face.

"oh dear" my mom said pulling me into a hug.

"i miss him so much mom" i sobbed into her shirt.

"i know, i know. we all do" my mother sighed looking at my family.

"well happy birthday doddie, it's getting late we better head out" my uncle Teddy smiled.

"thank you all for coming!" i waved as they walked out the door.

"get some rest dear, you look exhausted from all that cake" my mom laughed

"ok, goodnight" i softly smiled and walked upstairs to my room.

i striped my clothes off and turned on the shower. once i was done washing my body i put on pajama pants  an old shirt and my neckless. i got into bed and opened my neckless, shedding a tear as i looked at the picture. i gave it one last look before turning off my lights and closing my eyes.

*beep beep*

i groaned and reached for my phone on my dresser, my head still in the pillow. i look at my phone and see i got a text, which is unusual. the text read:

unknown: goodnight beautiful, i hope you had a wonderful birthday. my present will be there when you wake. C

i looked at the text confused, who the hell was that? i decided not to respond and i went back to sleep.