Mission Solangelo

~Kayla

Quickly pulling out my demigod-proof phone, and snapping a picture of Will gripping Nico's wrist, I wait till they're out of earshot before dashing down the hall.

Quickly shoving my phone in my scrubs, and yelling an apology to the startled patients and Austin (who called out, "Stop meddling in people's relationships!"), as I ran out of the infirmary all the way to Cabin One.

Knocking hurriedly, I wait for Jason to open the door before running straight in and sitting down on one of the unused bunks.

"What the-"

"New advancement in the status." I calmly report.

"... You mean..... That status?" He just as calmly asks. "Mission Solangelo?" Questioning eyebrows accompany the phrase.

I nod, "Mission Solangelo is go." Pulling out my phone, I show him the photo from earlier.

"Nico doesn't seem to mind Will touching him that much. In the grey area, mind you. I also locked them in a room together. But before I locked them in a room together, I got Will to admit his liking of Nico." I pause, thinking back.

"Well, he didn't really admit it in words, but went red all over and clammy, and literally the entire Apollo cabin knows he's gay. Will hasn't told any of us this crucial piece of information, but really, how hard is it to guess when you live with one another?"

Jason then flops onto the bunk beside me. "Anything else to report?"

"Will is letting Nico help him with his patients. They're probably working together as we speak." Jason nods, thoughtfully.

"We want, no, need subtly. It could make-or-break this job." He points a finger into the air. "We could enlist the help of the others!"

I turn my head towards him, confused. "The seven, minus me," Jason adds. "We just want to see Nico happy."

All of a sudden, his features light up as if a switch in his brain was flipped. "Reyna! She would definitely be a big supporter in this! We could Iris message her." I knew about our counterparts in New Rome, but I've never met them. If this, Reyna, counts Nico and Will's happiness as an essential, then I already like her.

Jason summons up a miniature storm cloud, and makes it rain, causing a rainbow. Fishing out a gold drachma from my scrubs many pockets, I flipped it into the trick of light. "Reyna Avila Ramírez Arellano, New Rome!" Jason shouts. An image of a surprised dark-haired, tanned skin girl appears.

"Hi, Reyna? We're hoping you could help us out with something that concerns Nico!" I say.

"Nico? What's happened? Is he hurt?" The girl hurriedly asks.

"No! But there's this guy... And, he and Nico have a bit of awkward chemistry, and we were wondering if you had any ideas on how to get them to confess to the mutual pining they have for each other." I blushingly reply, meddling with someone's relationship is more Aphrodite's thing, not Apollo's.

Reyna smiles, cunningly. "I may have an inkling on what to do."