Chapter 8

June

Day and I walk hand and hand planning to stop at my high-rise before arriving at his so I can pick some things up that I'm going to need for tomorrow.

"I can't believe that were here together again." Day says looking down at me. I am five and a quarter inches shorter. I shake my head smiling at him. "Don't want to be together" he teases.

"I don't know. I mean you did say we will never work out. Remember back when we were sixteen?" I tease back. Day puts his hand to his heart in mock hurt.

"If that's how you really feel" Day says breaking our hands apart and hurrying ahead. Too bad I've been trained to have incredibly quick reflexes. Right after the heat of his hand leaves mine Day is already three feet away. I take two strides, putting me at arms length away, then take his hand hesitantly in my own. Finally Day looks over at me with his brilliant smile. " why so hesitant June you scared?".

"No. I have no reason to be scared of the man I love." I state as if it's a fact.

" I love you too June" Day says brushing a strand of hair out of my face and kissing me. There's only one word to describe the kiss. Brilliant. Kissing Day makes me feel like the bright adolescent girl again. The girl who even if she tried couldn't help but fall for the boy who walks in the light. The girl who experienced too much heartbreak for her own good.  I was the first to pull away, may I say reluctantly, after i hear two gunshots. I shove Day behind a nearby trash bin and whisper for him to say.

--------

"I hope I don't have to but I will shoot." I yell in to the void. Five seconds after i yell this two more gun shots ring of of the will behind me. Calculating the angle I realize they must be at least four floors above me. The sun has set taking away my vision, but it only makes my other four senses stronger. "come on out. Lets make this fair." I state. They have yet to appear, I can feel their eyes burning on my back but another set on my face. A couple interesting. Than it all clicked in my brain. Alli and Joseph, the two criminals we haven't caught for eight years. I remember when I was nineteen and just getting assigned this case, I was only a Commander for about a month by now, and feeling uneasy about it from the start. This particular case kept me on my toes for about a year, until they disappeared. I set my gun down and raised my hands in surrender. Showing signs that I knew who they were. 

"Ahh June Iparis, Commander for what eight years now congratulations. The funny thing is your the prodigy but you still can't catch us." I can hear the shiver in their voice as if they are intimidated, but why? "I would watch your pretty boy legend if I were you" Than the alley goes silent. 

"Day" I mumble. The fear strikes me when I hear a single gunshot and a scream in agony. "DAY"  I yell louder this time. I run straight to where i left him expecting the worst while calling Tess over my ear piece asking for an ambulance. After forty-five seconds of running I finally get to Day. Seeing him I remember back to them years ago when he was laying on the pavement his own blood circling him. 

"Hey, Im fine" he mumbles. I let out a little laugh remembering when commander Jameson almost shot me. 

"Where were you shot?" I question stupidly, even though I can see some of the blood soaking through his shirt. 

"By you expression I bet you already know." I start to see Days eyes brighten, he's bleeding out. I put pressure on his wound. 

"let me tell you about my first kiss." Day looks up at me. Most likely inquiring why I would tell him this. "It was a rainy afternoon and my brother was at work. He said he was assigned his 'break through case'. I asked if I could have my one friend over, not telling Metias my friend was a guy. After 30 minutes of eating and talking, he reached for my hand, looked in my eyes and kissed me. The kiss was good, yet nothing compared to yours. After he kissed me he mentioned he  has liked me for the past three months. We dated till the end of the school year, he was planning to keep going but I went to Drake the next year without telling him. We haven't seen each other since." For most of the story Day was in rage. Jealous when I said the kiss was good but finally calmed when I told him it was nothing compared to Days kisses. 

We have been waiting for the ambulance for ten minutes and fifty-two seconds. Day passed out at five minutes and twelve seconds. Im starting to loose hope. What if Day dies before help can arrive?

A little bit shorter my apologies for that. Summer has finally arrived! Hopefully I'll be able to update more often! I really wanted to get this part out because it has been like 3 months, uff da sorry guys. Hope you enjoy this part new one will hopefully be coming up soon.

Coming Back जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें