21: By Damon's Side

Start from the beginning

"I know, I wish this could wait, but it can't," he replied. I furrowed my brows but nodded back at him. "Listen, um...the other night when Damon was helping Tyler, something happened. Tyler was starting to transform and Damon was bitten."

My jaw dropped slowly, "What?" I asked. "Is it--? Is he gonna--?"

"Yeah," Stefan whispered, adverting his beautiful eyes from mine for a moment.

"Oh, my God," I gasped. "He came to the house this morning and tried to apologize. I-I...I told him I needed more time after he said he NEEDED for me to forgive him."

"He told me not to tell you or Elena, but I figured if you wanted to talk to him...I wouldn't wait," Stefan said, nodding at me.

"Stefan--" I whispered.

"It's not over," he told me. "There might be a cure. But I have to find Klaus to get it."

"No, he's gonna kill you," I whispered, grabbing onto both of his arms.

"No, he had the chance to kill me, but he didn't," Stefan replied and I bit my lip. "Whatever Damon's done, whatever's left him here...I'm the one that made him become a vampire in the first place. So if there's a chance for a cure, I owe it to him to find it."

I didn't bother arguing with him on his reasoning. It was his brother, he had to save him. I understood that completely. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly. "Go talk to him. Just tell him that there's still hope. And you may want to tell Elena too," he whispered in my ear.

I nodded against his shoulder but didn't let him go. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too, Kenz," he replied.

"You better come back to me," I mumbled into the crook of his neck.

"Always," he promised. We pulled back a bit and shared a sweet kiss before Stefan decided he had to leave.

***

Later on in the day, Elena and I decided to go see Damon. The moment we got out of Elena's car and was heading to the front door, we heard rustling near by. Elena and I both looked over in the general direction but I didn't see anything. When I went to keep walking a hand was placed over my mouth.

"Don't make a sound," Sheriff Forbes instructed. Two deputies came over and I looked at Elena who was gaping at Care's mother.

***

Elena and I were pacing in Liz's office. She had brought us both to the station. Liz walked into the room finally. "Where's Damon? What have you done to him?" I questioned immediately.

"Why do you guys even care? You know what they are, what they do," Liz replied, stepping around us.

"I understand why you hate them, but you're wrong."

"They're murderers, Kenzie. End of story," Liz snapped. I went to argue when we interrupted by a knock. We all turned to see a deputy in the doorway.

"Damon Salvatore was spotted outside entering the Grill," he informed Liz.

Liz went to leave but Elena stepped in front of her. "Wait. You gotta let us come with you. He's sick. He's--He's not himself," my twin said.

She walked around anyways and towards the deputy, "Keep them here," she ordered. LIz then left and I rushed after her only for the deputy guy to push me back.

***

Elena and I were losing our minds. I then had a sudden idea. We were locked in here by the door, but there were windows all around us. I rushed over to one, opening the blinds. I bit my lip and looked around before picking up one of the chairs in front of Liz's desk. With a grunt I tossed it towards the window, causing all the glass to break.