8: Katherine's Story

~It's been awhile but here's chapter 8! If you didn't vote for chapter 7 go back and please do. You guys didn't reach the goal for that chapter but it's fine. But no sneak peek at the end of this chapter. Next chapter, 9, is already complete so let's reach the goal:

6 VOTES & 3 COMMENTS

+12 VOTES ON CHAPTER 7

Chapter Eight

"What do you mean I can't go?" I snapped at my boyfriend.

"It's Rose. She's here. She has more answers and she's gonna share them with me, Damon, and the doppelganger. And she doesn't know nor does she need to know that Elena is a twin... so you can't come," Stefan replied calmly.

"This isn't fair, Stefan!" I shouted in annoyance. We were on the phone and I was ready to throw it across the room in frustration.

"Babe-"

"I just want to be apart of things. I'm always being left out now days. It's not fair."

"I'm trying to keep you safe, Kenzie."

"By replacing me with my twin."

"I'm not replacing you."

"Seems like it."

"Are you jealous, babe?" He asked in a teasing voice.

"Now is not the time for your mocking," I growled.

"I'll fill you in, I promise, Kenz."

"But Stefan."

"I know, I know. But I just don't want anyone having leverage. Rose is saying someone else could be after the doppelganger. There's two. It's better if they don't know that. I don't need to be worried about both of you-"

"They could confuse me for Elena!"

"Yes, but-"

"I'm safest with you, Stefan."

"Yeah, right. You're safest there. In your house where vampires have to be invited in. You're not coming and Elena already left according to the text she sent a minute ago."

"What?" I gasped.

"I have to go, Kenz."

"I hate you," I grumbled.

"Mhm. Same to you, babe."

"Stefan! You're such an-"

"Kenz! God, I love you, babe. Okay? I love you. You, you, you. But I really have to go. I'll see you at school in a bit."

"Whatever."

"Say it back," he whined playfully.

"I wuv you too," I pouted.

"Bye," he chuckled, hanging up.

***

"Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well and I went home from school," Elena told Caroline as we walked through the woods to the tomb where Katherine was supposed to be.

"And you, Kenzie? What's your excuse?" Caroline frowned at me.

"Just tell them I'm skipping," I shrugged like it was no big deal. No one would care.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar," Caroline reminded us.

"And keep Stefan busy. We don't want him knowing what we're up to," I told her, frowning as I thought of my boyfriend who would be upset when I don't show up to school where I was supposed to meet up with him.