Chapter Three: Oblivion

Start from the beginning

"Made a mess, baby?" He steps further in and Luke nods, can't seem to find his voice, doesn't really need it, doesn't think he'd be able to form actual words if he could say anything. A lightbulb pops, the room darkening slightly, seems like every shadow in the room amplifies as Michael moves in closer. He holds out his hand and Luke grasps it, lets out a soft noise at the coolness.

Michael chuckles, seems entranced with how Luke stumbles off of the bed and onto the floor, has to look up at the older boy. He's not on his feet for long, hands are on his hips and he's falling back onto the bed, landing with a 'omfph' and grabbing Michael's shoulders as the older boy crawls on top of him. "Absolutely stunning," He caresses Luke's cheek and leans down to nuzzle the boy's throat. "Give me everything." He nips at Luke's throat, humming when the blondes breath catches.

"Michael."

He doesn't remember the walk home, it's a blur from leaving Josh at the wall to finding himself in the armchair in his living room. He can feel Michael's lips on him, his hands and can hear the echo of his words through his ears. It feels so real, his stomach churns and he wants to cry. Michael hadn't even touched him but his presence lingers, fingers on his hips and lips on his throat.

"What are you doing?" Ben's voice breaks through Luke's thoughts. He's by the front door, keys in hand and his eyebrows knit. It's understandable that he looks confused, worried even. Luke can only imagine how dazed he must look, sat in the armchair rigid and lost.

He shakes his head, words failing to pass by his lips.

Ben steps closer slowly. "Luke?" The younger boy blinks at his brother. It feels as though his tongue is being held, forcing him to keep quiet. It doesn't feel wrong, not even terrifying. It feels like a choice and Luke's fingers curl as he realizes so. "Luke, are you alright?"

"No." It falls from his lips no louder than a mumble, soft but strong. Ben furrows his brows further and drops down to his knees before his brother, grasping his knee.

He looks to be at loss for words and Luke pities him. The feel of his hand warm on Luke's knee is reassuring, although Luke doesn't know why. He has no fear at the moment, he feels calm and strong but Ben's touch adds a second bit of reassurance.

"What's -."

Luke shakes his head, cutting Ben off. "I don't know." And he doesn't. He feels smothered suddenly, overwhelmed and closed in. The heavy weight on his shoulder lessens and Luke lets out a huff of air. He sees Michael's eyes, bright green and intoxicating, invading his thoughts. His face isn't there, just the harsh color that bleeds into the background until Luke sees nothing but black.

The school is dark give the glow of emergency lights illuminating the otherwise black halls. It's quiet, every squeak of Luke's sneakers echoing off the empty walls and lockers. He's never been in school at night, not alone at least and not in the dark.

The hair on the back on his neck stands on end and a shiver racks his spine. His tongue is heavy with Michael's name, swollen and achy. He wants to shout, bounce Michaels name off the bleak walls and have it hit him hard in the chest, reverberating through his body.

He knows Michael is in the school, watching Luke dig his nails into the flesh of his palm and grit his teeth.

The wind howls outside and lightning strikes, illuminating the dim hallway. Luke sees him at the other end, the bright strike of red hair and feral green eyes biting into his own. He's too clear, as if he's only inches from Luke and not yards away.

"Michael." Luke breaths his name, chest heaving as he utters the word. The boy smiles, grin dangerous and full of something Luke can't decipher. It's intoxicating though and Luke finds himself walking towards Michael without his own accord. He beckons Luke forward in silence, lips curling up, and Luke dutifully moves to him.