~9~

4,000 views. It looks so tiny as 4K but oh my goodness. Can I thank you all enough?!
So, uh, I guess the character is now night wing instead of boy wonder... Should I change that?

Your chest hurt and you felt like you were dying. Then your eyes flew open. Danny had his mouth against yours, his brows tightly knit in frustration and concentration. You began to cough and he pulled away.

"(Y/n)!" He exclaimed, hugging you tightly. You hugged back, a bit fuzzy and panting. What... What happened?

Your mom and George rushed into the room, your mom looking terrified. "Are you okay?!" She gasped.

"I- I'm fine." Your lips and whole face was bursting with warmth from Danny's touch. It was a funny, odd, wonderful feeling and on top of everything that just happened- you had no idea what was going on.

"Can you breathe okay now?" Your mom knelt beside you, worry swarming in her eyes, you immediately felt horrible. You should've known not to go and start running around. You had caused all this worry.

"Guys!" Barbara snapped. "This place is trashed. I told you to give her a cookie, not destroy the living room and kill her!"

Danny, Laurel, and Timothy all hung their heads, making you feel even worse. "Well, see, we started a popcorn war and it got a tinsie bit out of hand..." Laurel corrected.

Barbara massaged her forehead, sighing heavily. "Miss (L/n), I'm so sorry. Is (Y/n) all right?"

"I'm fine." You repeated, shakily standing up. Danny was digging his toe into the ground, Timothy looked scared, and Laurel looked furious in a way that said 'this isn't even right!'.  "Don't yell at them, please. I'm sorry, I was an idiot. They didn't do it."

George nodded, stroking his goatee. "Yeah, yeah. Barbara, give them a break. They're kids, after all." He smiled kindly, his eyes twinkling.

Barbara glared daggers at him, then her eyes softened. "Yeah, okay." She sighed, sweeping her blond hair behind her back.

"They can clean up their mess though, right?" He eyed the three siblings as their heads shot up.

"Yeah!"
"Totally!"
"Not a problem-o!"

"Good."

Your mom hugged you close and you hugged back. "Well, I think that's enough excitement for one day. We need to get some stuff done around the house, but we'll definitely be in touch!"

"Of course. Thank you for coming over." Barbara replied.

You and your mother left with a wave, and as you walked home you couldn't get Danny's face out of your head. And the feel of his lips against yours as you jerked awake.