I wouldn't want to take any chances. Dipper frowned, huffing while the others talked.

"Give 'em your best, Grunkle Stan!" his sister shouted helpfully, prompting an introductory speech, though everybody seemed to be done listening to people talk for the day.

"Why are we here again?" Dipper echoed in a stressed tone, starting to drift away from the commotion.

Bill groaned unhappily. "I just asked you that question earlier." The demon impatiently stood up. "Come on, it's time to help Stan win, I guess. Don't want Bud winning anytime soon!"

Dipper gave in, sighing. He got up, a smile sneaking onto his face. After all was done, Bill grabbed Dipper's hand, walking him out and back to the Shack with Stan and Mabel.

Ford was standing on a chair, leaning over the kitchen table. He turned to them with a grin. His eyes darted over to Bill. "Hello! How did the town gathering go? I was just reinventing the lightbulb. Pesky thing took more than eleven minutes to perfect."

Stan shrugged. "I got myself a good competition against Bud Gleeful!" The old man grinned at his brother.

"Gleeful, huh? Isn't he that one prisoner kid's father?" Ford mused, rubbing his chin as he hopped back down to the floor. The lightbulb hanging in the room glowed blue until he turned it off.

"Gideon tried to take the Mystery Shack from us!" Mabel said, waving her arms around. "He's evil, too! He was the one who summoned . . ." Her voice quieted when Dipper glared at her.

"Me," Bill finished for her, a scowl on his face. "I don't like Gideon. Stupid kid broke a deal with me," he grumbled. The demon looked at Dipper. "You know that's true, right, Pine Tree?"

"Definitely," Dipper agreed, still holding Bill's hand. He noted that he was using their symbols again as their names. Is it habit? Or does he want to put Ford on edge? He secretly hoped it was the latter.

"It's agreed we all hate him, so I'll kick Bud's butt in the elections!" Stan grinned, excited to run for mayor and have some nice competition he could cheat.

"Well good luck with that," Stan's brother nodded them off, starting to walk away. He paused, giving Bill another look. This one was skeptical.

Bill heard Dipper's thoughts, deciding to comment. Habit mostly, though putting Ford on edge would work too. Basically, I don't really think much before I talk. So your names and symbols just get mixed up and I say whatever first pops up. It was true; the demon never really thought before talking.

Bill glanced back at Ford, giving a protective and possessive vibe over Dipper. He didn't want Sixer messing with his plans and hurting him.

The boy pondered that, accepting it. Though Bill sure had some impressive plans and a fascinating way of speaking for someone who didn't think before they spoke. He supposed demons were meant to be clever.

Ford held his gaze for another moment. He then said, "I'll be in the other room if any of you need me." He left.

Stan grinned. "Welp! It's time to start my campaign. How about this for a slogan: 'Give me your money and I'll keep it! No refunds!'" The old man laughed. "It's perfect, now I'll also be teaching children to swear and—" Stan kept rambling on and on. His plans only seemed to get worse.

"Grunkle Stan, how about I give you some advice on leading a campaign?" Mabel offered, guiding the man to the living room.

Dipper blinked, coughing. "That looks hopeless."

Stan looked down at her. "Advice? Please! People these days just want a guy who can rule like no other. They want me to yell at them to shut their yaps. And children should be exposed to the real world as soon as possible!" Stan grinned. His remarks weren't going to help him at all. Since his first radio interview was coming up soon, he needed to practice what he was going to say.