Chapter 3

I know it’s been a while since my last upload but someone I once knew very well is back in my life and he has been taking up what was left of my time. I haven’t seen him at all really in the last 6 years with that on top of my two TAFE courses my life is hectic but enough of me and on to the story.

Warning:

This story is not suitable for people under 15. There is a lot of coarse language, drug references, violence and sexual themes. Read with caution as this story is not a happy one. If you find child abuse offensive I recommend that you do not read the first few chapters as they are full of it.

This story is copyrighted. Please do not copy or plagiarize this story or legal action will be taken against parties responsible.

Chapter 3

We drove up the long dirt driveway. The road for the last 10 km had been dirt! The house was only 30 km out of town and they had a dirt driveway, and road and a metal ramp. The road snaked around with trees on either side. All you could see were paddocks once you left the bitumen of the town and the few houses faded to one around every kilometre.

The car bumped over the ramp rails and up the dirt track toward the house. I could see the light on the front veranda as we drove past the house and around the back. There was dogs barking somewhere in the dark.

Allison pulled into the car shed. When the car stopped I rushed out, flung the gate open and ran into the house. “Elaina?” a man’s voice said as I entered the house. “Yes, who are you?” I asked. “Oh Elaina this is your uncle Derrick,” Allison informed me as she came through the door. “Come on Elaina, if you follow me, I’ll show you to your room.” With that Allison walked through the small sliding door to the right of the front door and into the hallway. I followed her quickly not wanting to be in the same room as a strange man.

We passed through the hallway in silence until we reached what would have been the foyer when the house was built but was now the study that I had found earlier that day. On the left wall of the room there was a closed door. “Elaina this will be your room until your room is finished,” Allison told me as we entered.

In the room there was a chest of draws and matching dressing table, a bassinet with hand blankets and two old looking teddy bears and a double bed with a window at the head of it. Although the window was covered with a curtain and it was dark outside I assumed that it would have nice view out to the paddocks. “Your suitcase is over there in the corner. I'm sorry there isn’t much room in the drawers because they still hold Chloe’s things,” Allison told me. “Who is Chloe?” I wondered. “Oh my I must have forgot, Chloe is your cousin. She’s about the same age as you but she is staying at her friends place in town for the week,” she explained.

Great just great, I thought to myself. Before I could say anything a young child started crying. “Excuse me,” Allison said. I just nodded before looking around the room. The wall paper looked like it hadn’t been changed since the house was built. It was a creamy yellow that personally I would get rid of, the carpets were a fairly dark brown colour and worn with age. I spun around, taking in the room until I noticed a door to my left.

I walked over to the door and turned the handle. I pulled at it as the hinges were on my side of the door but it didn’t move. I put my foot on the door frame, twisted the doorknob and pulled as hard as I could. When the door finally budged I was thrown backwards, crashing into the bed. I screamed as I hit the bed and fell to the floor.

“Elaina!! Elaina what happened?” Allison asked rushing into the room. I was trying to open the door, I thought it was a closet and I was looking for some more space,” I wheezed. “Oh my I should have explained that leads into the lounge room,” explained Allison. I sighed heavily making my ribs drop suddenly causing me to scream in pain. “Oh Elaina let me have a look at your ribs.”

She yanked my shirt up at the same I pulled it down further but I was too late she had the other side up. Allison’s gasp was so loud I was sure someone on the other side of the world would be able to hear. I knew what she saw.

The bruises, the scars, I felt her lift my shirt higher as she saw the fresh cuts and older burn marks that hadn’t quite healed. “Elaina I didn’t know it was this bad,” Allison whispered. She kept staring her eyes wide.

I ripped away from her and shoved my shirt down. “Well now you know,” I hissed as I walked out of the room. I headed out the front door even though I was sure that it hadn’t been used in a few years. I walked to the gate and opened it. I turned left not knowing where I was heading but knew I had to get away. I saw a building to the left so I walked toward it but halfway there I heard a loud whinny from my left. I pressed the home button on my phone so I could look around and see more than just shadows.  When I spun toward the sound I found a high fence, a large circle enclosure.

I walked around the enclosure until I found the entrance. On opening the gate I shone the light on my phone into the enclosure to see it reflected in the eyes of a horse. All of a sudden the area was flooded with light causing the horse to rear, its front legs lashing out, before it started charging toward me.

I flung the gate just in time for the horse to swerve to stop hitting it. “Elaina what are you doing out here with this horse?” Allison yelled. “I… I… I heard the whinny when I came out and I was curious as to where it was coming from,” I stammered in return, still shaken up over the fact that I was almost trampled. “She is wild which means she is dangerous not to mention the fact that she is pregnant.” Allison sighed. “Elaina until you realise how dangerous horses especially wild ones you need to stay away from them for your own safety.”

I sighed as I finally settled in to the bed I was sleeping in until my room was finished. Today had been a long day and tomorrow would be just as long. I noticed a book case just as I went to turn off the light so instead I stood up and padded over to see what was there. I had only had a few books in my life because my father refused to buy them. He said they were a waste of time and money that I should be learning to be a good little house wife because no man wants a wife that won’t look after him. This meant cooking, cleaning, and bringing him a beer when he asks.

My mother even on her minor salary would buy me books when she could afford it, which wasn’t very often so I spent my time at the library reading about the charmed life the characters had and wishing I could have a life like that.

I scanned the book case, its expanse amazing me. There was everything from romance novels to vampires, history books to horse books. The variety astounded me; they weren’t just fiction either there were books on how to care for your first pony to encyclopaedias. I slipped a book called Marked off the shelf and read the synopsis. It sounded interesting so I walked back to the bed, laid down and started to read. It was one o’clock when I finally put the book down and went to sleep.

© over_the_moon 2011

Chapter 4 is on the way but if you want to know what’s happening visit Abused and Tainted’s facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Abused-and-Tainted/187864384609854