Chapter 6

Hope you enjoy. Next update will come at 50 votes.

 Warning:

This story is not suitable for people under 15. There is a lot of coarse language, drug references, violence and sexual themes. Read with caution as this story is not a happy one. If you find child abuse offensive I recommend that you do not read this story as they are full of it.

This story is copyrighted. Please do not copy or plagiarize this story or legal action will be taken against parties responsible.

Chapter 6

I walked toward the yard the brumby mare I had named Twilight (because of her black colouring) was being kept in. I walked into the yard and closed the gate behind me. “Hey Twilight, look what I brought you,” I said while I walked toward her with my hand out stretched. She took a few hesitant steps forward before stopping and pawing at the ground. “Come on you know you want the oats.” I continued walking forward slowly with my hand out stretched. When I was within two metres I stopped and waited for Twilight to come to me.

After ten minutes of waiting for Twilight to come the next two metres I decided to give up. I dropped the oats onto the ground and walked away. I heard soft footsteps on the sand and I turned around to see Twilight walking over to the oats I had dropped causing me to smile. I walked out the gate, shut it behind me and walked toward the stable to start my chores. First I mucked out the stalls, made sure there was water in each bucket and the mixed the nightly feeds.

“Elaina I need you to put some of this in the brumby’s feed,” Allison said, handing me a vial of something. “Only put two drops in.” I took out the eye dropper and squeezed in the two drops in one of the buckets, set the vial down and took the bucket to Twilight’s yard.

“Here girl look what I have for you,” I said as I put the bucket into its holder next to the gate. She walked over, sniffed the bucket and started eating. As I was walking back towards the barn I remembered the history homework my teacher had given me so I hurried to finish the rest of my chores.

I was sitting crossed-legged on my bed finishing the questions my teacher had given everyone for homework when Allison called me for dinner. I groaned as I sat my books down on the dressing table as I walked out the door slowly. My ribs were still healing even though the cuts and bruises had long gone and became scars.

Dinner that night was extremely quiet, awkwardly so. The only noise that was heard was the clinking of knives and forks on plates and the sound of glass hitting wood. I finished my dinner quickly so I could get away from this moment. I picked up my plate, walked to the kitchen and dumped my plate in the sink. “Elaina, can you come here for a second?” Allison called to me as I walked past the dining room or purgatory as they called it. “On Saturday I need you to help me with the riding lessons.” “What do I have to do?” I asked. “I just need you to saddle and un-saddle the horses I need, brush them out, put them back in their stalls afterward and rake the arena between each lesson,” Allison told me. “I don’t have anything better to do.”

On the way out of the dining room I tripped on the join in the carpet and landed on my stomach. Pain shot through my ribs and the back of my head as I screamed out in pain. “Elaina! Elaina are you alright?” Allison yelled as she ran over to me with Derrick on her heels. I felt myself being turned onto my back. “Derrick, help me get her to her bed.” Not long after that I felt strong arms go under my shoulders and around to just above my breasts while the other two wrapped around my thighs and I was lifted into the air.

I felt myself being laid on my bed on my back before anyone spoke. "Just lay there for a while until the pain passes,” Allison told me, briefly leaving the room before returning with an icepack. “Here put this on your ribs.” Closing my eyes I concentrated on my breathing to take my mind off the pain I felt a technique I had performed many times throughout my life.

**********************************************************************************

“Elaina, bring me a beer now!” my father yelled. This would be his sixth beer tonight and any time from now the abuse would begin. “Hurry up you little bitch!” my father growled when I walked into the room.

After handing him the full beer bottle I felt a sharp searing pain in the back of my head. Blackness swallowed me for a moment and I opened them to a sharp crack followed by agony in my shin. This was followed by a blow to my stomach, another to my wrist and the final to my shoulder.

I woke up to loud beeping sound. As my eyes fluttered open I was blinded by bright white light. As my eyes adjusted to the light I tried to sit up but a sharp pain followed by dizziness overwhelmed me and I was once again swallowed by darkness.

I was awoken abruptly by a nurse checking my IV line and playing with the buttons on the drip machine. “Oh good you are awake,” the nurse said cheerfully. “I’ll just go get the doctor. He will talk to you and your parents about your injuries.” I looked at her blankly before the memories began to come flooding back. The pain, the pressure on my chest preventing me from taking a breath.

“Miss? Miss? Are you alright?” the nurse asked, giving me a concerned look. “I'm fine. Really,” I assured her. “Alright if you are sure I will go get the doctor and your parents for your diagnosis,” the nurse didn’t look convinced by left it alone and left the room.

“Miss Elaina Hickory?” a tall man in a white lab coat came into the room. “Yes that is me.” “Ok so you have a mild concussion and we had to put four stitches in the back of your head, your wrist is sprained; your wrist and shoulder are bruised. We have placed a cast on your shin to stabilise it and you will have to keep it on for six weeks and then you will need to come back and have it removed as well as x-rayed.”

Just as the doctor finished telling me this my mother walked in. “Oh my poor baby! Your dad said you fell out of a tree. With your clumsiness you shouldn’t have been climbing it in the first place,” my mother gushed. “You must be Mrs Kerry Hickory. I was informing your daughter about her injuries and the follow up care,” the doctor told my mother. “She will have to come back in six weeks and have the cast removed and x-rayed.”

“Is Elaina ready to be released or is there other tests you need to run?” my mother asked. “You just need to fill in the paper work, sign the release forms and she’s fine to go.” The doctor told my mother. “If you’ll come with me I will get the paperwork ready for you to sign.”

As my mother and the doctor vacated the room a nurse came in. “Hi Elaina I am here to give you some pain medication before you leave,” she told me before handing me two green and white tablets in a white translucent cup and another white translucent cup filled with water. Tipping the two pills into my hand I placed them into my mouth before bringing the other cup up and swallowing the tablets.

“Elaina, here is a sheet of the pain killers and a script in case you require more pain relief when this sheet runs out,” the nurse said handing me the sheet of tablets. “You need to take one tablet twice a day.”

The door suddenly slammed open and my mother rushed into the room. “Elaina it’s time to go home the papers have been signed,” she told me as she walked over to help me up. Lifting me up, she led me to the door.

“Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter but we must go,” my mother said walking towards the door pulling me behind her. “Mrs Hickory you will need to monitor your daughter’s condition for the rest of the day,” the doctor said to my mother. “I will thank you doctor.” With a small acknowledgement to the doctor she quickly dragged me down the hall towards the exit.

Once we were out in the parking lot away from other people my mother turned to me. “What happened?” she whispered. “I gave him a beer and then I woke up in hospital,” I cried. “Oh my baby, shhh.”

**********************************************************************************

I snapped out of the trance I had been in. my eyes opened to the sight of Allison and Derrick looking at me worriedly. “Are you alright Elaina,” Allison asked. “I'm fine. I just spaced out for a minute,” I lied. I didn’t really want to tell them that I keep having flashbacks. “Well if you are sure you need to get some rest,” Allison said as she pulled Derrick from the room shutting the door behind them.