Chapter 2

Here is the second chapter. In some of the chapters you will see a line of asterixs ****** this means that it is a memory and has gone back in time.

Warning:

This story is not suitable for people under 15. There is a lot of coarse language, drug references, violence and sexual themes. Read with caution as this story is not a happy one. If you find child abuse offensive I recommend that you do not read the first few chapters as they are full of it.

This story is copyrighted. Please do not copy or plagiarize this story or legal action will be taken against parties responsible.

____________________________________________________________________

The drive was short and all too soon we were at where I was supposed to live until I turned 18 or I moved into my own place. I had fallen asleep when the city gave way to the bush and the houses became sparser.

I had never been on the other side of the Blue Mountains and I assumed that’s where we were going. When I woke up the car was stopped in front of an old looking house. It looked like it was one hundred years old. It had sandstone walls, 12 foot ceilings, and there were intricate carvings around the archways and a stain glass window above the front door.

We didn’t stop at the front door though. As I woke up the car started to move again. All too soon the car stopped at the back of the house and I was forced to get out. 

I sighed as I stepped out of the car and towards an uncertain future. “Hi Elaina I am your mothers cousin Allison,” a woman told me as she came out the back door, when we were walking up the path towards the house. “Elaina this is Allison Greaves. She will be you guardian until you turn 18,” Elliot explained to me.

“Come on dear you must be exhausted. I’ll run you a bath and make up the bedroom you will be staying in,” Allison said smiling at me as she ushered me inside. “Mr… uh sorry I didn’t grab your name,” Allison threw towards Elliot. “Elliot Masters,” Elliot replied. “Mr Masters thank you for bring Elaina to me. Would you like to come in for drink and cake?” “I'm sorry Mrs Greaves but I have a long trip home but I do need you to sign some paperwork before we can leave Elaina with you,” Elliot replied.

When I heard this I knew the interesting part was over, so I left and ventured further into the house. It was beautiful and elegant but homey in another way. As I kept walking along the hallway I found myself in a foyer.

There was a desk sitting under a window facing to a paddock with a filing cabinet next to it, there was another desk with a computer monitor, keyboard and mouse on the top. It was sitting in front of an old filled in fire place. On the mantel piece sat two photo frames. They contained a picture of a smiling toddler. The toddler had blonde hair, green/blue eyes and a pink dress. The other contained the toddler, Allison and a man with light brown hair and green eyes.

“Elaina?” Allison called. “Coming,” I replied as I left the foyer walking to the back of the house where I came in. as I walked into the kitchen I saw Allison cooking fried eggs. “Eggs?” I questioned. “I thought you might have been hungry as Elliot told me you slept all through the trip,” she smiled at me. “Oh, thanks I guess,” I said as I sat at the breakfast bench on a stool. Two minutes later she sat two fired eggs in front of me. “Can I have some salt?” I asked Allison. She bent down and opened a cupboard, grabbed a plastic salt shaker and sat it in front of me. “Thanks,” I smiled.

“Is there anything else you need?” Allison asked me. “No I think I'm fine,” I smiled at her. “Well then I will go run you a bath but I must warn you it is fairly small, though,” she smiled as she disappeared out a door on the opposite wall to the hallway.