chapter 4

Aaradhya's POV:

Today I had to go home to meet some guy.Actually it's been two months that I properly spent time at home.I had dedicated all my time to the project.When my mom called and told me about the guy she had in mind for me, I said yes.She respected my decision when I said I don't want to marry till 26 and never disturbed me.So its my turn to keep them happy.I shall marry any guy my mum choose for me as I don't want to disappoint her.Also my work as project leader will be completed in a month or two.So,no problem if mum want me  to marry him right away.Thinking this I changed into a simple green salwar and started driving towards my home.

TWO HOURS LATER:

I cleaned the whole house and wore a red silk saree mom brought for me.

My cousin Varad and his family also came as the guy whom my mum selected was his wive's relative.

Now I was in the kitchen cooking.Whenever I came home I never allowed mum to do any work.So today was no different.I made sweets,some main course dishes along with side ones and dessert.

Then I went to my sisters room and played carroms and Ludo with her for sometime.As we were about to open another game set the bell rang.May be the guy and his family I thought.But how to behave like a bride I don't know.All I know is to only make friends and operate the patients.I hope I don't disappoint my parents.

I am expected to feel shy for first thing as per google.But rather than feeling shy I don't know why I'm feeling uncomfortable with the idea of spending my life with an unknown person.

I don't know why Moosa's  smiling face popped into my head

Somehow I don't know I missed his deep voice a lot

Shrugging away all these thoughts I gave a final glance at the mirror.

The guy was a neurosurgeon and 29 years old. Nakul,the guy was handsome and very open minded.He spoke a lot while I kept silent throughout the conversation.

I served dinner after that and they left saying they would be absolutely delighted if I said yes.

Mum and dad were also happy with this,somehow only one person kept occupying my mind,Moosa.

"Aaradhya you don't look happy beta, we wouldn't force you to say anything.Tell me if anything is troubling you dear."my dad said sitting beside me in my room

"Papa I'm not sure about this ,I don't know .This marriage and all.I don't think I will be able to do this.I am too confused.I am not able to figure out anything."I said placing my head in my father's lap.

My father was extremely open minded and gave me freedom.He is my best friend.I shared everything with him

"Aaru do you like anyone?" my papa asked rather bluntly

I didn't know what to answer when I myself am struggling with my feelings.

"I don't know papa"I said truthfully.

"Fine then I will not ask any further.you can tell me when you figure out your feelings.

Always  remember this beta,It is YOU who should shape your life and choose the right person.It is your responsibility to choose your life partner dear.Your mom doesn't quite agree on this. Nakul is a great guy but you he may or may not be perfect for you.Think well and answer.Don't let your mum dominate your thinking.She may emotionally blackmail you,But don't fall for it.good night.I must say this truly your'e an amazing cook "He kissed my forehead and left.

As I was unable to sleep I sat in my room watching tv.

Just then someone started to ring the door bell very fiercely