Chapter 1

Jenna's POV

When we pull up into the driveway of Kasey and I's new house, the house exterior immediately captures me (in media). I quickly grab my bags from the trunk of the car and run into the house to claim a room. There are 3 floors; one upstairs, the main floor that I am currently on, and the basement below my feet. The house came furnished since Kasey's parents stay here each summer. All that's left to do is unpack our clothes and choose our rooms.

I see Kasey come into the house with her bags in her hands. She looks at me while I gaze around the house in awe. Seeing the way she smiles simply tells me how proud she is to have such a nice house. I suddenly remember that I need to pick a room. Let's pray that I get the biggest one!

I race up the stairs with my bags trailing behind me. I briefly glance through the doorway of all 5 rooms until the last room the end of the hallway catches my eye. When I enter, I get a better look at it and see the walls are painted turquoise, my favourite colour. When I see that it has its own bathroom attached, I smile to myself. I made the right call picking this room.

"Dibs on this room!" I shout as loud as I can. Kasey comes into my room and her jaw immediately drops.

"What! Not fair! I was gonna take this room!" She exclaims.

"Sucks to suck," I smirk. She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. I'll take my old room that has a balcony," she gloats. My eyes widen.

"A balcony?" I say. "That's awesome! Damn it, why didn't I look through the rooms more carefully?"

Kasey smirks at me and goes to her room with all of her bags. I set all of my things on my bed and start to unpack. I put my clothes in the dresser drawers and hang some up in the fair sized closet. I put the few pairs of shoes I have also in the closet and put all of my makeup and other bathroom essentials into my bathroom. I walk down the set of stairs and go down to the main floor. I immediately see Kasey digging through my small extra bag that I keep a few of my essentials in.

"What're you up to'?" I ask as I approach her. She flinches and immediately takes her hands out.

"Nothing," she says suspiciously. I cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow.

"Really? Are you sure you weren't looking for my debit card?" A smile creeps up on her face.

"Maybe," she admits. I playfully smile back and take the card that she thought was in my bag out of my pocket. I hand to her and she thanks me. She puts her shoes on and I go towards the couch and sit on it, taking my phone out.

"So where are you going to spend my money?" I ask her, keeping my eyes on my phone and scroll through my Instagram feed.

"To get us food so we don't starve to death," she tells me.

"Good plan," I reply before she shuts the door and is on her way to buy us food. I decide to turn on the flat screen TV that is facing the couch I'm sitting on. On the cable, the first show that pops up is Supernatural. Season 2, episode 6. I decide to watch it.

Once the episode is over, I'm sitting on the floor leaning against the couch with my knees tucked into my chest. I should not have watched that, especially since I'm home alone and the daylight is creeping away. Even with the bit of light coming through the windows, I can't help but notice every single shadow in the house and even jump at my own. This stupid show has scared me so much that I'll pee myself. I never felt like this with Jacob.