0.9// It's Nothing

Aphmau

My legs drape themselves over the edge of my balcony. My shear white dress flows freely in the wind. The night sky is splattered with small white specks.

Zane sits next to me, his eyes wondering over my figure, his cheeks turning different shades of pink and red. There was something on his mind. Something he had never mentioned to me.

"Zane?" My voice calls. His eyes meet mine.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?"

Zane's eyes drain quickly, filling what used to be lust with something much darker.

Terror. Regret.

"It's of no concern to you." He whispers. I shake my head.

"Oh, but it is."

"Aphmau, just leave it be. It's really nothing."

"Then what use are you being here if you cannot put your petty pride aside and trust me?" I scorn. Zane's eye twitches and he looks away.

"I told you. It's nothing."

He doesn't realize that every time he lies, he's committing suicide in front of me. Killing everything I see in him. If only he would learn to be honest, because Irene knows I hate to watch him bleed.

"Zane. Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie-"

"Goddammit Aphmau, I said its nothing!" Zane roars. I flinch.

"Zane, you don't have to tell me everything. Just for the love of Irene don't lie to me."

A tear trickles down Zane's cheek.

"You'll never love me again..." He chokes.

"Nonsense!"

Zane gives me this look. One filled with sadness and grief.

"I was told from a very young age that I was dangerous. That my soul was corrupted and dark. I was a monster." He starts. The blood from my face drains.

"I am everything you cannot control. I am suicidal thoughts and late night feelings. I am not what you deserve."

"Zane-"

"I am pure hatred. I am everything we are taught to hate. And because of that, I'm sorry." I grab Zane's hand and pull him close.

"Don't you dare talk about yourself like that!"

"Why not?"

"Because you are not a monster!"

"How do you know that?"

"Because I freaking love you, goddammit Zane! I would never love a monster!"

"Aphmau...you don't love me."

"Don't tell me I don't because I do! I love every inch, every thought, every action! You are Zane Ro'meave, and you are not defined by the label you bestowed upon yourself! You are a well hearted man and if you don't believe that then don't speak to me ever again!"

Zane pauses, stands up, and gives me one last glance before walking off.

"I killed Garroth. Monsters walk among us, Aphmau. You have just been to blind to tell the difference."

Authors Note
_________________
Holy crap. That just happened....
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!