Boarding School!?

Author's note: I know that some of you are not getting how the whole fight started and why.  Aria dumped all of Lauren's friends and made new ones that Lauren didn't like. Lauren, in a moment of seething anger, over-reacted and began to spread rumors and lies about Aria. Then Aria got really mad about that....And something happens That is very bad! Read on to find out.

         P.s. All you lovely people who have commented or voted or even just read, if you comment saying you did this, put one of your books that you want me to read, and keep reading this book, I'll go check out a book of your choice and comment. This is not a 'you read mine I read yours' deal, it's just my way of thanking all of my readers, commentators and voters!!!

               XoXo,

                      greatgirl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I called Aria a man. But honestly, does it matter, I mean she's saying I have a fake nose, fake lips! Shouldn't I be able to say one bad thing about her?

So the war has begun.

      "Aria's saying you eat dog food," Sasha something-or-other says.

    "Well at least I'm not a dog," I snarl back, staring at my sister from across the cafeteria. She whispers something in Sasha's ear.

         Then lunch is over, the bell rings and I'm off to Spanish. Spanish is the only class I share with Aria and I don't enjoy it. Aria's life seems pretty bad, actually. She has to do that dumb Ra-ra-go-hampsters cheer leading routine and it drives me crazy.

        Just before the class starts, Aria struts over to me and smiles. "Guess what I'm going to make you do?" she asks.

      "Don't know, don't care," I respond sharply.

     "Since all of my friends are betraying me because they think it could be true I'm a man," Aria starts, staring at me very hard, "I making you go to boarding school and I stay home." she finishes. I roll my eyes.

       "Yeah right!" I say and then realize the facts. We'll tell the entire story and it will have been me that started this, so who are they going to believe? Her.

         "Don't, Aria. It will only lead to trouble and you know it." I say, thinking of how completely insane her idea is. 

      "We'll I don't even want to go to boarding school, but Mom and Dad said that I needed to be more serious about my future.....So they chose some boarding school in New York."

     "You are so INSANE!" I say, shaking my head.

       "I can't wait to start my new life as you! We'll switch back after one week of course, I will want my life back."

      Well, at least it's only for a week, but still, I'm not sure I want Aria to ruin my reputation at Middleton High School.

      "You are just so insane I'm not talking to you," I say and run swiftly into Senorita Giblet's Spanish room.

       "So, Lauren, I've been hearing a lot of stuff about you and your sis," Zac says, plopping down in the seat next to me. My heart beat quickens as I stare at him.

     "To tell you the truth, I think it was kind of mean of you to do that to her," he adds, drumming his fingers on the chair.

       "Why did you come over here?" I snap.

     "To ask you what boarding school your sister is going to. I think we might be going to the same one and I like her,"

     "She's going Cardwell. It's in Cape Cod," I say sadly. But then I perk up a little bit once i realize it'll be me there to ruin it for her.

      "Yes!" Zac says, pulling his arm up and then down the way people do in movies after they say 'score!'

      "I'm going there too. This day keeps on getting better and better," he informs me in a rather rude tone.

      "Okay class, time to start. Today we'll be focusing mostly on connective verbs and how to use them. In Spanish, of course," Senorita Giblet says, clapping her tanned hands.

      After a very long and very boring class, the bell finally rings. P.E. time. Yay! NOT. I rush off to the track and do the warm-up laps.

     "Hi," Michelle Jane says, giving me a small smile.

    "Hi, MJ." I say, realizing how glad I am to have one friend. We sprint to the finish line and then burst into laughter.

      "I'm sorry," she says, her face suddenly getting very serious. Michelle has very almond shaped eyes that blink a little too much.

      "For what?" I ask, confuzzled. Michelle looks down at the ground and puts on her diplomatic and sorry face.

      "For what Aria is saying about you. Lauren, she's just being plain mean!" MJ exclaims. I nod my head and then bury it in my hands.

       "What's the matter?" she asks.

      "I sort of started this. When she ditched all of my friends and made me a new one I didn't want...." I stop, realizing I've just told Michelle my biggest secret.

       "What do you mean?" she asks, cocking her head in confusion. I slap my hand over my mouth and widen my eyes.

     "We sort of switched places," I admit.

        Michelle nods her head like she head been suspecting it all along. "So that was her on the bus telling me that she dumped Fat Hallie,"

       "I guess so," I say begrudgingly.

          "So now what's going to happen?" Michelle wants to know. I bite my lip and wonder if I should tell her about the boarding school deal. Oh why not? I think to myself.

        "Aria is gonna make me go to her boarding school for a week. We'll have to like switch places or something."

          "Oh...Where's the school? Is somewhere near here, you know like in San Fransisco or something?" Michelle asks eagerly.

         "Nope. How far do you think it is from San Diego California where we live to Cape Cod Massachusetts?" I ask her.

          "A very long way!" she says, giggling. I manage to spit out something that sounds like a laugh, even though I'm not in laughing mood.

          Then, before I know it, it's time to head home. I step onto the school bus. Michelle, who normally sits with me is having a sleepover with Geraldine Tomsen. How could you have a name like Geraldine and not change it? I wonder.

          "Hi," I hear a voice say and I look up. My mouth drops open.

         "Hallie!" I say cheerfully. "You are just the very person I wanted to see," I say. I feel horribly for what Aria did to her and all I want to do is patch my relationship with her.

         "Why would you want to see me?" Hallie asks sadly. She drops her heavy backpack down on the seat next to me and sits down, sighing.

        "Even Bekki hates me now, Lauren. I just don't get why you did that to me. Just because i gained a few pounds does not mean you have the right to just break off our friendship. We've been besties since kindergarten!" Hallie exclaims.

       I bite my lip. I know i can't go around and tell everyone that Aria and i switched because, well, I'm not so sure the effect of that would be so great, but I can't stand the fact that Hallie thinks that was me telling her she was out of the group.

       "Do you wanna go for some frozen yogurt and I'll explain some things?" I ask. I'll just tell one more person! I tell myself as I wait for her reply.

      "So long as it's non-fat."