"(Y/N)," Bucky said, breaking the silence that had lasted a majority of the flight.

"Yeah?" You asked from your seat, looking up from your hands to find Bucky already staring at you.

"Do you believe in me?" He asked quietly, almost as if he didn't want Steve to hear.

His eyes were lighter than they'd been before, his expression soft.

"Wh-what?" You asked, thrown off by his question.

"Do you believe in me?" He asked again, almost desperate for an answer.

I always have, you thought. It was Steve who didn't think you were ready, not me.

You couldn't bring yourself to say it, though. Somehow, you thought it would give everything away. The feelings you felt towards Bucky had to be hidden at all costs; you couldn't afford to mess up this mission, let alone your entire friendship with the man. You made a great team, and you were afraid that was how it was going to have to stay.

"I'm not sure what you're asking." You lied, looking down at your hands where they fidgeted in your lap.

Bucky watched your actions before looking at your eyes again, "You're lying to me."

"No," you choked out only to be interrupted.

"You don't believe in me. It's okay, I understand why." He breathed out, leaning back in his seat.

Your lips parted to speak, only the words never fell past. Instead, you felt yourself being hurled forwards; something had hit the jet. Your body slammed into the floor and you groaned in pain. Bucky also was thrown from his seat, and now pulling himself off of the floor to help you.

"You guys okay back there?" Steve shouted from the cockpit as beeping sounded from the front of the quinjet, signaling that something was failing.

"Yeah, we're fine!" Bucky yelled back, getting to his feet again.

His metal arm reached out, and you grabbed his hand, hoisting yourself up.

"Hate to say it Steve," you mumbled loud enough for him to hear, "but Clint's a better pilot than you." You joked, knowing it wasn't Steve's fault.

"What happened?" Steve yelled, waiting for Maria Hill's voice to come through to the quinjet with some sort of coordinates as to where the hit came from.

"My guess is that Hydra has come out to play," Bucky forced a fake chuckle as he pulled a parachute on his back.

"What are you doing, Barnes?" You asked, watching him strap the parachute on.

"Winning the game." Bucky replied with a smirk, pressing the button that opened the back of the quinjet.

"Bucky! This isn't part of the plan!" Steve yelled, putting the quinjet into autopilot and turning to see what Bucky was doing.

"The mission is to take out their group; you can't do it alone!" You shouted over the sound of the wind that now filled the cabin.

"Watch me." Bucky said before jumping.

"I'm going down!" You yelled to Steve as you grabbed another parachute.

"You've gotta be kid-"

You didn't get to hear the rest of what Steve had to say, but you knew he was going to give you a hard time about this later. As you descended through the air, your eyes found Bucky. He was a couple dozen feet below, approaching the ground fast.

A loud sound caused your heart to race; you knew it was the sound of the quinjet taking another hit. You hoped Steve had kept the jet on autopilot and was somewhere above you in the sky, but it was unlikely of him. He wouldn't leave the jet unattended, especially with Hydra shooting at it. The risk of it crashing down on the city below was too great of a risk--one that Steve wouldn't take if he had a choice.