14. Jealous

{ Before I dive into this, I just wanted to say that the Steve Rogers x Reader One Shots book is now published. Bucky's also in the first one shot because after seeing the picture above, I was feeling Stevebucky af. :,) }

Setting: between AOU & CA: Civil War

Bucky's lips formed an 'O' as he blew a stray, long lock out of his face, his eyes narrowed at the phone screen he held a little too close to his face.

"Bucky, you don't have to hold it that close to your face. I know you don't have bad eyesight." You chuckled, taking his hand that held your iPhone and moving it farther away from his face.

"Oh, right." He sighed, pressing his flesh finger to the screen rather violently in an attempt to open the 'Message' app.

"And you don't have to punch the screen, Buck. Use the pad of your finger, see," you offered your help again as you opened the app.

You'd been deemed with the task of teaching Bucky how to use a cell phone and none of your tips seemed to be sticking with him. You were surprised his anger hadn't gotten the best of him yet and he hadn't thrown your phone half way to China.

"I feel like an idiot." Bucky groaned, watching as the screen changed before his eyes.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, my Grandma took eleven months learning how to use her iPad." You teased, watching his blue eyes reflect the colors appearing on the phone screen.

"Shut up," Bucky mumbled, his eyes flickering in your direction for a second before returning to the phone screen. "What's an iPad?" He broke the few seconds of silence again, his eyebrows pulled down in confusion.

"You and I both know that I've never been good at staying quiet." You laughed, looking at him. "And it's like a phone, but much bigger."

"How do I send you words?" Bucky asked, scrolling with his thumb across your screen as names of people who'd recently texted you showed up.

"Well, you can't send me a text from my own phone. We'll get you a phone soon and then you can send me all the words you want." You smiled.

However, your smile faded when your phone beeped and a frown pulled down his features.

"What is it?" You asked, following his eyes to your phone screen.

Steve: Thanks for stopping by earlier, (y/n). Your help was much needed.

Bucky's eyes shifted to you and his frown stayed etched into his face.

"What did you help Steve with?" He asked accusingly, his jaw clenched.

You raised your eyebrows and took your phone out of his hand to reply to Steve.

"I taught him how to use his phone earlier. Why are you so mad?" You asked, typing the message at the same time.

"Oh." Bucky's frown lifted and his eyes softened only a little. "Never mind."

"What did you think he meant?" You cocked an eyebrow, looking up at him.

"I'd rather not say." He stated, taking the phone out of your hand.

His eyes studied the screen and he saw an icon in the shape of a telephone beside Steve's contact. He pressed the button before you could stop him. After a few rings, Steve answered the phone.

"(Y/n), hi! Did you get my message? I think I sent it right." You could hear Steve's voice as he spoke to Bucky, thinking it was you who called him.

You folded your arms across your chest, your lips pursed. Bucky was jealous; you knew that much.

"Steve, it's me." Bucky said, faking a cheery voice. "(Y/n) was just teaching me how to make phone calls, send words, you know, that kinda thing."

"Hey Buck, that's great. She's really helpful, isn't she?"

"Yes, she is. Anyways, I'll let you go. We were just about to go to dinner." Bucky looked at you as he talked into the phone, a smug smile on his face.

"Dinner? Where to? I was just heading out myself."

"Sorry, pal, I should've put that differently," Bucky's smug smile grew even wider, "We were about to go on a dinner date."