••• Fifteen •••

Começar do início

We order our drinks, quick to dismiss the male as I keep my eyes on Nixon and his on me. "When is your birthday anyway, Nixon?"

He checks his Rolex, as if debating to tell me. "July 21."

I forget so often that he's so much older than me. That he's seen more. That we were involved when I wasn't even eighteen.

Nodding, I pick up the menu, only to see Nixon pull it from my hands. "I know the chef, and I've had him prepare something I know you will like."

"I'll trust you there."

We continue with short conversations, every so often allowing the silence to take over as the next song plays. "Lily?"

"Yes?" I see the food brought over and then, we are digging away into the special dish.

By the end of the meal, I'm full and loved every flavor of the meal as Nixon asks my opinion. Dessert is brought out in the form of just a simple cheesecake and two tall glasses of champagne. Alcohol consumed by a minor in public. Why should I care anymore.

As our meal is over and Nixon is once more leading me out of the restaurant, I'm only driven to another location, one on the top of a hill, overlooking the city below.

It's quiet, peaceful, and as Nixon hops out and opens my door, I feel the cooling breeze as the snow begins to fall once more. For the next ten minutes we just lay in silence upon a blanket Nixon got from the back, looking up at the bright stars.

I then disturb the silence.

"What will happen to us?

"What do you mean?"

"I graduate this year and will be going to Colorado."

I can sense him tensing as I speak those words. I have college. I have dreams. I have things I want to do in life. "Why not just stay close bye?"

I shake my head. "I've wanted to attend Boulder since I was a child, Nixon, it's a dream."

No words.

I want him to say something.

I want him to tell me how he feels.

"We all dream, Lily, and when you grow up, you learn those dreams are just dreams."

I'm shocked by his comment. Looking over to him, I see his eyes shut as my blood boils. Who is he to tell me that?!

"It's my decision."

"It's not."

"And why not, Alpha?" I hiss, instantly regretting my tone as Nixon's eyes blink open and I'm pinned to the ground, his body over mine, his eyes ice blue to only fade to the black of space.

He speaks no more.

The days begin to warm up, the nights still cold, but the sun is out today as I walk out of the school building, Emily by my side as the senior class just finished another meeting for graduation. Taking out my phone, I let my mother know I'll be home soon.
Now it is February, the days having gone bye as if seconds as I grab my car keys, waving to Emily as we part.

Dinner is a bore, my parents silent as Taylor is upset. She still want to be out having some fun, and I believe she deserves some, but ever since our parents discovered her nightmare and also her wild side, they've had her grounded. I know there's a party tonight, and I'm tempted to take her out and keep an eye on her, making sure nothing happens as I'm also her designated driver.

By the time nine rolls around and my mom is out for a girls night and my dad is being called into the office, I make my way down the hall and into Taylor's room.