Fighting for a Late Date

(Lexi's P.O.V)

"Where to first?" I ask getting in the car quietly. He rides down to the end of the street before turning his headlights back on.

"It's a secret." He takes one hand off the wheel and opens his dashboard. He digs around in it for a second before taking out a bandana. "You have to put this on." He holds it out to me while still facing the front. I stare at him then at the bandana and back. He does a double take and sighs. "Lexi. Put the damn thing on." I groan and snatch it from his hand.

After a while in silence the car stops. Jacob opens and closes his door. Then my door opens and Jacob grabs my hand and helps me out of the car. He closes the door and walks behind me while guiding me holding my waist.

"Eww. Why does it smell so bad?" I ask cringing.

He stops me and his hands disappear from my waist. I listen for his footsteps but don't hear anything.

"Okay. You can't take the blind fold off." I take it off and run my hand through my hair. I look around in confusion and see Jacob standing in front of me.

"You brought me to a dumpster for our date?" He smiles and shakes his head.

"No. I brought you to a dumpster to kiss you." If I didn't have a look of confusion on my face then I did now.

"What do you-" but he cuts me off by kissing me. My hands go to his hair and I tug on it gently. His hands play with the ends of my hair before letting it go and doing it again. He pulls away before I realize it. "This date is disgustingly romantic." I say breathing kind of heavy.

"This isn't where our date is. I brought you here because I wanted you to know that no matter where we are or what we do together, that it will always be one of the best dates ever. It can be as nice as a five star restaurant or as gross and dingy as this dumpster were standing in front of. It'll be the best date we've ever had because we were there together." I smile.

"Agreed. Any date with you is a date to be remembered." He kisses my cheek before grabbing my hand. We walk to the car and get in.

"Okay. Now are you ready for the real date?" He asks after I buckle my seat belt. I look over at him and smile before I nod.

"Definitely." He backs out of the alley and then the real fun begins.

I belt out the lyrics to 7 years by Lukas Graham that's playing on the radio. We pull up into a parking lot and we get out of the car ending my sing-along. Jacob waits for me at the curb as I come around the car and grabs a hold of my hand. We walk inside and stand in a line that's already formed.

"What is this?" I ask trying to look at the front of the line.

"Paintball." Jacob asks as people come out of an arena. The line starts to move until we are up.

"Two guns. Separate teams." Jacob says. My eyes get wide and I turn towards him with a glare. He looks over at me with a smirk before paying. We're handed our equipment and go inside the arena.

"We're on different teams?" I ask. He nods.

"Wouldn't be as much fun if we were on the same team now would it?" Jacob asks helping me adjust the equipment.

"Well then you my dear boyfriend are going down." I say sticking out my tongue. He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah right." I win and go to my side of the arena. An employee comes through the doors and stands on a tire in the middle.

"Alright! Everyone get to their correct teams!" The guy yells. Some people scatter to where they're supposed to be before he starts explaining the rules. "Play fair and play safe! You will hear an alarm that will signal you to start. You have an hour." He jumps off the tire. "Helmets on!" Everyone puts their helmets on and he runs out of the arena. A few seconds later the lights dim and the alarm sounds.