Naive

"I told Justin and my sisters we were staying the night," Kendall appears from the kitchen.

"Great," You answer. You start feeling a bit cold and you notice she is too. "Do you want me to light the fire?" You ask her, pointing at the fireplace.

"Yes please, is freezing,"

While you are trying to light the fire she is making some coffee for you two so you stay warm. Suddenly the lights go out.

"Seriously?" You hear her say in a frustrated tone. Luckily, you have managed to light the fire just in time so the living room is at least illuminated. You grab your phone and turn on the flashlight so you can go to the kitchen.

"Hey,"

"Hey," She says looking at your poorly illuminated face. "Seems like the storm is really strong, power is out and we're stuck in here," She says annoyed.

"Let's try to keep our phones with battery," You make a pause and explore your surroundings with your flashlight. You spot the coffee maker. "No power, no coffee," You think out loud. You open some drawers until you find what you were looking for: cappuccino sachets. "Let's just boil some milk so we can use these... why don't you go to the living room so you can stay warm and I'll take the cappuccinos right away?" She nods and leaves the kitchen.

While you wait for the milk to boil you go to a room next to the kitchen. There you find some blankets and take them with you to the kitchen. You finish preparing the drinks and then you go to where the model is. Kendall is on the sofa, arms wrapped around herself.

"Hey, I found this blanket, it'll help you to stay warm. Oh, and here's your drink,"

"Thanks," She takes a sip and then makes a brief pause. "Sorry you got stuck with me today," The model gives you an apologetic smile.

"I really think you did this on purpose..." She frowns and opens her mouth to protest. "You take me to this isolated place, a heavy rain starts, then power is out... I'm seriously thinking you probably brought me here to kill me," You say jokingly.

"Maybe... I mean, you'll find out eventually," Kendall says, trying to hide a big smile.

"I'll be watching you,"

"Good, because I'll be watching you too,"

"Creepy," She laughs. After finishing your coffee and talking about everything and nothing at the same time for some hours you start feeling sleepy. She looks tired too. "We should go to sleep,"

"Yeah," The sofa isn't big enough for both of you to sleep on it. The only way for you to sleep is laying next to each other, it would be the only way you'll fit in there. However, you don't think she'll feel comfortable, you don't know each other that well.

"I'll sleep on the carpet floor, you can have the couch," You tell her while you grab your blanket and accommodate it on the floor next to the fireplace.

"What? No. There's enough space for both of us here. You are not sleeping on the floor," The tall girl pats the free spot on the sofa.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or anything, I move a lot while I sleep,"

"I won't, I promise," You obey her and lay next to her. She is resting on her elbow and you are on your back, facing the ceiling. You can see that there's enough space for both of you so you maintain a reasonable distance between you and her. You can feel she is looking at you but if you look at her you will probably blush and you don't want that. Your phone starts buzzing notifying you that you just got a text message. You see an unknown number on the screen and frown; you think someone may have sent a text to the wrong number. You open it just to find out that Mia, Justin's friend, is the one who wrote you.

'Heyy, It's Mia. I asked J for ur number, hope that's alright w you. Wanna hang out later this week and I'll help u out with ur project?'

You are smiling now and Kendall notices.

"Who texted you?" She asks pursing her lips.

"Oh, that girl I told you about, Mia, remember?" You say looking at her.

"Yeah, why did she text you?"

"She wants to hang out and help me with my project," You shrug your shoulders and type a quick answer.

'Yes! I'd love that. Just text me whenever you are free and we'll meet' You press send.

"No," She simply says raising her eyebrows.

"'No' what?" You ask confused.

"Uhmm, what I'm saying is that she probably wants to see you, like, in not a friendly way," The model mumbles and lets herself fall on the couch, right next to you.

"Well, she didn't say it was a date," You explain.

"Of course not," She rolls her eyes. Is she pissed? You don't get her, really.

"Why are you mad? If it's because she wants to help me with the project just like you did, don't worry, we'll have..."

"It's not that,"

"Then?" You start getting annoyed now. Why would she even bother who you hang out with?

"You really don't get it, huh?" She rests on her elbow again, brown orbs looking deeply at you. You don't know when her body got glued to yours. Neither you know when her face got that close to yours. She starts caressing your hair with her fingers and you get really nervous.

"I-I don't, really. Explain me," You stutter.

"You are that naive, aren't you?" You squint your eyes. She is looking at your lips and then back at your eyes. You've never noticed the almost invisible freckles she has until now. They are usually covered by make up. You reach out to touch them, your fingertips caressing her cheeks. She closes her eyes for a second and then opens them again. Her hand, previously caressing your hair, move to your cheeks and then she softly grabs your face and leans in. You close your eyes in expectation. Her lips brushes yours delicately and then she captures your bottom lips between hers. You really can't believe this is actually happening. She kisses you tenderly and then breaks apart. She opens her eyes, kind of waiting for a response or permission, you don't know, but you catch her lips with yours again. One of her hands is still on your face while the other is holding your hand, caressing the skin with her thumb. After enjoying her lips for a while, you take her lower lip into your mouth and brush softly your tongue against it, asking for permission. Soon, your tongue is caressing hers. You go back to kissing her lips and then break apart, pecking her before. You just lay next to her, her head on the crook of your neck. You feel her breathing tickle you and sometimes she would get closer and plant a chaste kiss to the skin of your neck making you shiver. You don't talk, words are not necessary right now. Her hand is still caressing your face, making shapes. She falls asleep on you so peacefully. However, you can't really sleep. You thoughts are invading your mind and making you overthink. You hate overthinking because somehow it always ruins everything. You also hate not being able to live 'the moment'. Your mind is never set on the present, is always thinking in what will happen next. 'Was that real?' 'Does that mean she likes me?' 'She will probably regret it tomorrow'. You only hope she doesn't regret it and that you can explore whatever you have. Tiredness wins over and you fall asleep. You are pretty sure you dream of her that night. Now you have to wait until tomorrow...