PART 8

It was late in the night around past ten ,
Manik couldn't sleep at all , he couldn't even Toss and turn around the bed as usually most people do when they couldn't sleep , because of his left side.
He still feels that sting in his arm where he was hurt by the bullet. And his chest was still having the stitches.

'She was telling that she will be back in the night after completing the errands in her house... But why didn't she returned yet... Kahan reh gayi... ' Manik thought being very restless.

His desperateness came to a halt when he heard the door knob was turned and the door opens.
He closed his eyes and pretends to sleep.
Nandini came inside closing the door behind her and turning around she saw that Manik was sleeping like a baby.
She smiled at his cuteness and came near his bed.
He was sleeping on his right spreading his right arm across the pillow and leaving the space on his side open indicating her to come and join him.

'How peacefully he's sleeping... Bilkul bhi nahi lagta ki yeh kitna stubborn hai... Aur mujhe Kitna tangg karta hai... But I love the way you are... " she whispered very slowly to herself not knowing that Manik is listening to her.
She bend down and gave a kiss on his cheek.
He wanted to smile feeling her touch...but controls it because of his stubbornness.

After that she lie down on the bed resting her head on his open arm facing her back to him.
Immediately he encircled his left arm slowly on her stomach and held her tight.
She tries to move but he didn't let her.
Her lips spreads in a wide smile and she closed her eyes.
Manik was relieved that she is next to him. He cuddles himself more in her and pressed his lips on her head and closing his eyes he went to sleep.

Next morning Nandini woke up and...after done with Manik's breakfast and his medicine she went to the children's ward to say bye to them.
And the one person she didn't want to know about her leave..., heard her talk with the children.
When she's done with them and came outside he saw Aryaman waiting for her.
"Nandini you didn't informed me that you were leaving for break... Why didn't you tell me.. Are you going to Mangalore ... " Aryaman started asking questions... And Nandini got irritated.

"Aryaman... "She gritted her teeth and said

"It's just a leave and I have some work so... Not that important or a big deal... So relax.."
"So you'll be in Delhi only... Right... " he again started interrogating her.
"Nooo... " she hide her frustration and said...
" maybe I'll leave for a hill station... Or maybe I'll go to Mangalore... I didn't decided yet..."
"Ohh... Ok... When are you coming back..." He didn't buy what she's telling and became suspicious.
"Two weeks... So I'll see you after two weeks... Ok let me leave because I've to see that everything is covered in my absence... See ya..." Before Aryaman ask more questions she left from there.
Aryaman started rubbing his chin with deep thoughts.
"There's something different with her... And I'm sure she's hiding something... I've to find out... She didn't took a leave in this two years and all of a sudden she's off for two long weeks why..." He was talking to himself and very much suspicious and to work on his doubts he went to Nandini's cabin.

He sneaked inside and checked her phone to get some phone numbers.
After coping the number he wanted he left from the cabin.
"I have to make sure that my doubts are only doubts and not real..." He went into his cabin and dialed the number.
It was ringing.
"Hello..." A very melodious voice of an old woman asked him.
"Hello... Amms... I mean Mrs. Savitri Murthy..." Aryaman asked.
"Yes this is Savitri Murthy... May I know who is calling..." She asked.
"Amms I'm Aryaman... Dr. Aryaman... Nandini's colleague... We met last year when you came here... Remember..." He reminds her.
"Yes yes I know... But why are you calling this early... Nandu Theek hai na..." She got worried.
"Yes... She's absolutely fine... Actually I called to tell you that... Aapko Nandini ne bataya hoga... That she's taking a leave..." He paused to know her response.
"Nahi usne Mujhe nahi bataya... She talked to me few days ago... But she didn't say anything about leave... Kyun... Uski tabiyat Tou Theek hai na... " she asked again worried.