PART 4

It was in between 5 or 5:30 in the morning when Manik felt a pain in his chest and he also felt something heavy on him.
He opened his eyes with an uneasy feeling and his body was stiffened because of sleeping in one position whole night.
He tried to move but couldn't. Nandini's head was on his stomach and her left hand was still in his right.
A very pure and cute smile crept on his face.
Her face was half covered with her hair. He lift his left hand slowly and put the hair strands behind her ear to take a clear look of her face.
He caresses her face and her head with so much of love and care.
Her innocent face her peachy and milky white skin and most importantly her luscious lips.
'Oh... How I want to kiss her now...' He thought.
It made his throat dry and heat ran through his body by the thought of kissing her.
He wanted to touch those lips and was about to take his fingers to her lips when he heard the door knob turning.
He closed his eyes and pretend to sleep again. He felt someone came in and patted Nandini on her shoulder.
He peeked from his eyes to see a young Doctor in his upper twenties waking Nandini up.
Nandini moved in her sleep and didn't wake up.
"Nandini... Nandini..,". He called her slowly going close to her.
"Haan.. What... How's he... Is he ok..."Nandini sat up suddenly and asked panicking.
"Nandini it's me... Aryaman... Are you ok... " the man addressed himself as Aryaman.
Nandini collected herself and stood up from the bed her hand is still in Manik's hand.
She tried to take it but Manik's grip was tight around on her hand.
"Aryaman..." Nandini smiled.
Aryaman side hugged her.
Manik opened his eyes and got so furious and make his grip more tighter to divert Nandini's attention... And it worked.
Nandini felt his grip being more tighter and moved away from Aryaman.
"Nandini.. Are you alright.. Why did you sleep here... You are on duty since last 48hrs.. This way you'll ruin your health..." Aryaman started lecturing her.
'Who is this person.. What is he to her.. Why is he acting authoritatively with her... ' Manik thought.
Nandini is being uncomfortable with Aryaman's talk as she knows that may be Manik is hearing everything and she didn't want him to react again.
"I'm fine Aryaman.. Main theek hoon..." She moving away more and said getting worried from Manik's reaction.
"I don't want to hear anything... Just go and take the day off and rest... Common.."without even listening to Nandini she pulled her by her shoulders to take her out.
While Manik was still holding her hand not letting her go.
'I swear to god.. I'm not gonna leave him.. I want to just push him away from her... But... Damn this injuries...' Manik was getting worked up again and his heartbeat start to raise which is showing in the monitor.
Nandini heard the beeping on the monitor.
"Aryaman ek minute.. His heart rate is rising let me handle him first.." She pushed him and bend down on Manik and started checking his pulse and with her stethoscope she checked his heartbeat.
He didn't opened his eyes and feeling her touch on him he felt relaxed.
She caress his forehead. And pressed his hand. She didn't know he was awake.
He wanted her to stay close to him. But he was helpless he couldn't do anything.
Due to her care and love and the way she was caressing his head he drifted into sleep.
Nandini felt his heartbeat calm and stable so she left him and walked out of the ICU.
"Who is he... Why were you so worried for him..." Aryaman started his questionnaire as soon as she came out.
There no way now that she's going to hide anything from anyone.
"He was my very special college friend and after 8 long years I met him again... And I'm very concerned for him..." She said in both sharp and softer tone together.
"Ok... But doesn't mean that you can ruin your health... To look after him you have to keep yourself in good condition too... " Aryaman didn't gave any importance to the relation of Manik and Nandini and said.
"Now go and take complete rest and than join again..., you already did the double duty... So I'm not hearing a no..." He forced her to go..
Nandini thought that he's right... The way Manik is giving hard time to her... She have to have all the energy and strength to handle him.
So deciding that she will come in the evening she went to her house.
Manik woke up and didn't found Nandini close to him. He was restless again...
But he didn't asked anybody.
Seeing his condition getting a little bit better the hospital authorities shifted him to a special ward.
It was mid morning and still Nandini was nowhere near him or his ward.
He didn't eat anything yet... Because of excessive blood loss the IV was still induced to him until his condition will become much better.
'I'm not gonna take any medicine... Mujhe dawai dekar... Khud gaayab ho gayi...when I sleep... Now I will not take any medicine and I will not sleep...and than I'll see how she will leave me..." He was blabbering to himself.
Nurses are getting worried that they were not able to feed him and now as he needs proper nutrition because of his blood loss he needs to eat good.
But Manik is not cooperating with any body.
Cabir came to visit him as usual and when he heard that he didn't eat anything he too got worried.
"Manik.. Tu kyun itni ziddi kar raha hai... If you don't take the medicine how will you get well..." Cabir was pleading him to take medicine.
"I need my guitar... I don't want to hear anything... I just need my guitar..." He was breaking his own records being stubborn.
'Where is she... How can she leave me again... I didn't saw her since morning... How dare she just went away and not check on me.. I didn't feel her touch on me... I didn't hear her voice..." Manik thought to himself and was getting frustrated and was very confused with his own attitude and also because he didn't saw her or felt her presences around him..
"But... How will you play... You can't even hold it... And on top of that... You are not listening to anyone.." Cabir is trying to reason with him. He is throwing lot of tantrums on the nurses.
"You know when Dr. Murthy is here he don't fight for anything... He listens to her without giving any trouble..," nurse whispered going near Cabir.
Cabir got the whole picture.
"Dr. Murthy last Kab aayi thi..." He asked figuring out something.
"She was off duty since morning... And from that time Mr. Malhotra didn't eat or took any medicine..."
Nurse informed him.
'Tou yeh Nandini ko miss kar raha hai..' Cabir thought and smirked at him.
"What.." Manik gave a sharp glare to him.
"Nothing... Koi kisi ko Bahut miss kar raha hai... " Cabir just blabbers randomly.
"Kaun.. " Manik looked at him again throwing daggers with his eyes.
"Koi nahi..." Cabir whistles and turning to the nurse.
"Do you have her contact number.. So that I can call her and make her come here... "Cabir asked.
"Yes sir.. But we are not allowed to give the doctors personal phone numbers to anybody... " nurse said.
Cabir said something very softly in nurses ear... After hearing that nurse gave him the number.
Cabir called Nandini and explained her everything. She said she's coming ASAP.
When Cabir called Nandini just came out of the shower.
She dried her hair and all the while she was thinking.
'Manik.. Tum mujh se baat nahi kar rahe ho... Meri taraf dekh bhi nahi rahe ho... Aur ab main thodi Der ke liye tumse dur hoon tou.. You can't even bare that... Yeh kaisi naaraazgi hai tumhari... ' she comb hat hair and left it open just with a hair clip at the back. Exactly as Manik likes.
She lived only ten minutes away from the hospital in her own small cottage.
Money was never a problem for her.
Amms want her to have her own house when she wanted to do her residency and rotations in Delhi.
She took her car and within ten minutes she was in the hospital premises.
When she entered she heard nurse was telling or rather begging Manik to eat.
"Sir please.. You have to eat something you didn't ate since morning... Or maybe last night..." Nurse said.
Cabir was looking at his watch and wondering what's take Nandini so long.
"Good afternoon guys.." As soon as Manik heard Nandini's voice a ray of light shine on his face.
She was looking fresh like a blossoming flower with a very hearty smile on her face...wearing a floral kurti and a matching churidar with her lab coat on and her stethoscope around her neck.
"Nandini Tum aa gayi... You know main tumhe kitna miss kar raha tha... Tumhare bina Maine apna breakfast bhi nahi kiya... Aur ab Kuch karne ka bhi Mann nahi kar raha tha..." Cabir started his teasing drama totally taunting Manik rolling his rates towards manik.
Manik was pissed at Cabir because he knows that Cabir is indirectly pointing him.
"Oh... Missing me so much... Theek hai you go and wait in my cabin I'll attend Mr. Malhotra and join you..." She answered the same way smiling and looking at Manik.
Who is stealing his glances from Nandini.
"Sister.. Sorry for the trouble.. You can go ahead and look to you other duties.. I'll manage here..." She asked the sister to leave too.
'Oh.. Thank god... At last... I will get some alone time with her.. 'Manik thought bending down and act as if he didn't hear anything.
Cabir said to Manik.
"Dude I'll be in Dr. Nandini Murthy's cabin until you can have your me time with... You know...," he left the sentence in the middle and winked at him before leaving the room closing the door behind him.
As Nandini was covering the distance between them her heartbeat raise. She thought
'He didn't eat anything and I have to feed him... Aiyyappa I don't have any problem in feeding him... I can feed him all my life with my hands.. But the thing is... Yeh itni Asaani se khata nahi hai na... Bilkul bachon jaisi zidd karta hai... " while in her own thought process she reached on the right side of him and picking up the bowl of soft khichdi.. She started to feed him.
But as usual...
How is Manik going to eat in one shot..
Never... He has to bother Nandini and punish her for staying away from him for so many hours.
He turned his face away. She moved the spoon near his lips and he turned his face in different direction.
'Aiyyoo.. Aiyyappa.. Yeh Ladka bhi na... Kabhi koi baat seedhe seedhe nahi maanta... " Nandini gritted her teeth in fake annoyance.
Putting the bowl down she cupped his cheek with one of her hand and bringing it closer to her face she pressed her lips hard on his cheek closing her eyes.
Manik's eyes closed automatically feeling her soft texture of her lips.
She was so close to him that her warm breath is fanning his face. Her sweaty hands due to his proximity were shaking on his cheek.
He wanted to turn and smack his lips on hers... But he controls himself enjoying the moment.
He didn't wanted her to leave but she left his cheek and turning his face to his left she kissed his left cheek as well. What more can Manik wants...
This is what he's been waiting for... Her coming so close to him and make him feel special... Tolerate his tantrums... Bare his childish behavior.
She moved away from him and looked at him. His face has a different kind of calm and relaxation now.
He was lost in her. She smiled and blushed at the same time.
"Baat nahi Karna hai... Shakal bhi nahi dekhni hai... Par khana... That has to be fed... Warna nahi khana... Aur medicine bhi nahi leni... jo pain hoga... Uska Kya... " Nandini was murmuring under her breath to herself and Manik was hearing every single word she was blabbering.
He wants to smile but he kept a straight face all the while.
She hold the bowl in her hand and taking a spoonful of khichadi she started feeding him and without any more tantrums he ate his food and finished it.
She was getting very annoyed that he is not talking to him but he's making her do all the work.
She gave him the medicine and he took that too. When he was done she make him drink the milk to which he denied first than she make him drink it holding his face like last night.
'Kab tak baat nahi karogi Mr. Monster Manik Malhotra... Main bhi dekhti hoon... Main Tumhe itna majboor kar doongi le tum baat bhi kahoge aur mujhe gale bhi lagaoge...
She cleaned his face and was about to turn to leave he Caught her wrist again. But this time very softly.
She turned to look at him but he was not even giving a glance to her.
She came close to him and wanted to talk to him but she knew he's not going to reply or answer her...so she thought of a way to talk.
"I'm not going anywhere... But Main ek Doctor hoon... Mujhe doosre patients ko bhi dekhna hota hai... I'll take a round of the hospital and come back... Waise bhi koi mujhe se baat he nahi kar raha... Tou main yahan reh kar Kya walls se baatein Karoon... Nahi aisa karti hoon... yeh monitor se baat karti hoon at least... It's making some noise..." She said making a frown on her face.
He turned his face to the other side and hide his smile. And he loosen his grip. She left the room.
'Gawd... I wanted to be angry with her... But her closeness and her kisses is making me crazy... I'm not able to resist her... I can't be mad at her... I want her to realize... How much I've suffer... But she's making me forget everything... Her care for me... Her concern for me is making me want to grab her and take her in my arms...'now Manik was blabbering to himself.
'Control Manik... Control... Agar aisa hi chalta raha Tou Woh tujhe maafi bhi le legi... Aur tu de bhi dega... So control...' He was fisting his hands and getting more annoyed.
"Wah yeh khoob rahi...yani Ki... Nandini khilaye Tou without any question or difficulty tu kha le... Aur koi aur khilaye Tou nakhre... Tu kabse actor ban Gaya..." Cabir came in and jumped with questions.
"What are you talking about... Tujhe koi ghalat fahmi ho gayi hai... Ya tu din mein dreams dekh raha hai..." Manik didn't want to accept the truth.
"Kise ghuma raha hai... Maan kyun nahi leta... Ki tu Nandini ke bina reh nahi sakta... Aur usko dekhne ke baad tu phir se jee utha hai... Uske bina tujhe Kuch acha nahi lagta..." Cabir is expressing the feelings of Manik's heart but he don't want to yet take it in...
"Enough Cabir.. You came to meet me right... So let's talk about us... How are the others... And did anyone else got hurt... And Harshad ke case ka Kya hua..." Manik totally diverted the topic.
'Tu chahe kitna bhi subject change karle... But you cannot deny the fact that you still love her to the core and you can't live with out her...' Cabir thought.
"They are all fine... And because of the media and all the gossiping going around they are all underground... Even tere whereabouts ke baare mein bhi Unko nahi pata... We decided that after you'll get better than we will give our statement..." Cabir said.
"And what about Navya... Does she know... About this fiasco..." Manik asked thinking about her.
"No... I didn't inform her... You know na... Her condition... I don't want her to get worked up in this state... " Cabir continued.
"Acha tu Aaraam kar main Nandini se milkar Aata hoon..." He said and without hearing Manik's answer he left the room.
Nandini was standing outside listening to the conversation going in between them.
She felt a little bit bad but she knew how Manik feels about her... So she didn't get hurt.
When Cabir came out he saw her and smiled.
"Tumne sab suna na..." Cabir asked.
She nodded her head.
"Tell me something did you guys talk..." He asked.
"Kahan... Woh tou mujhe silent treatment de raha hai... He wants me to be near him... But he don't want to talk..." She complained to him about his doings.
"Bilkul ek ziddi bache jaisa behave kar raha hai..." She continued.
"Hmmm..." Cabir just hummed.
"Acha can you do me a favor..." He asked.
"Haan bolo..." She said looking at him curiously.
"Kya Tum chutti le sakti ho... Like ten to fifteen days ki..." He asked her with a hope.
"Chutti... Par kyun..." She asked.
"Woh main baad mein batata hoon... But can you take a vacation for like. Two weeks ..." He asked again.
"I don't know Cabir... I didn't apply for any leave yet... Since I started from last two years..." She informed him.
Abhimanyu happens to paas by at that time from there.
"Cabir right..." He saw Cabir and asked him.
"Yes.. Cabir... How are you doing Doctor..." Cabir asked giving his hand for the greeting.
"I'm good... How about you man... You didn't got that much injuries right ... So how you feeling now..." Abhimanyu asked him.
"I'm feeling awesome... But my friend... Manik he is still recovering and he needs some TLC..." Cabir talk in codes.
"What ... What does he need.." Abhimanyu gets confused.
"Nothing... Actually.. I wanted to know.. How long it's gonna take for him to get discharge..." He changed his words.
"It depends.. How soon he'll response to his medication.. And how fast he want to recover..." Abhimanyu replied.
"Sorry Doctor to keep you waiting... But I have one more question... Being a Doctor in this hospital... If you want to apply for a break or vacation... How soon it'll approve..."
To Nandini's surprise Cabir asked this and Nandini turned her face to hide her embarrassing situation.
"And why do you want to know this..." Abhimanyu back fire his question.
Cabir hesitantly looked at Nandini and said.
"Just for my information..."
"So.. If its an emergency and if your reputation as a doctor is commendable and also if you are due to have a break than it approves right away.. Otherwise it'll take time..." Abhimanyu explained.
"Ok people... I have to take your leave... Later Nandini..." And saying bye to Cabir he left.
"Cabir... What was that..." Nandini surprisingly looked at him.
"What... Nothing... Maine tumhara Kaam asaan kar diya hai... Now you can apply for break as soon as possible and for two weeks..." Cabir said..
"But what's your plan..." She asked.
"I'll tell you when I finalize everything..." He said.
"Right now I have to go... You please stay with Manik..." He said and leave fast.
'Mujhe he Kuch Karna padega... In dono ka Bas chale Tou yeh puri zindagi Aise he nikal de...' Cabir thought to himself and went out of the hospital...
Nandini went to check on Manik again after going for the rounds.
There was a nurse setting up the tray to give a sponge bath to Manik.
"What's going on... Nurse what are you doing..." She asked ignoring Manik.
"Doctor... We have to give a sponge bath to Mr. Malhotra... And his bandages also have to be changed..." Nurse said and started to prepare for the process.
Nandini popped out her eyes thinking of the nurse giving him a sponge bath.
Manik was smirking mischievously... Turning his face away from Nandini..
'Now what you'll do... Dr. Murthy... How will you stop the nurse from giving me a sponge bath...' He thought in his mind.
'I'm not gonna let any body touch me except you... But how will you manage... ' he was hiding his grinning from her.
'Now this is gonna be fun... ' he thought.

Sooo End of part 4
Think what is gonna happen in nxt part were nandini will give sponge bath to manik.
Think Think
Happy Reading
Plzz Like & Comment