PART 22

It's was a very beautiful and sunny morning. Nandini and Chachi made so many items for the breakfast. Chachi also got nostalgic remembering Nandini's old college days when they use to live in Mumbai peacefully. And do all the small things of life together.
"Nandu aaj kitne saalon baad hum dono Ek saath breakfast prepare kar rahe hai.. purane din yaad aagaye... hai na..." she said.
"Haan Chachi... you are right.." Nandini also agreed with her. Right than Manik came and joined them. He settled himself on the island counter in the center of the kitchen
"Good morning Chachi... and wifey..." he greeted them grabbing a banana.
"A very good morning Manik... itni subah subah jaag Gaye..." Chachi asked.
"Woh Kya hai na Chachi.. aapki beti Mujhe sone hi kahan deti hai..." Manik teased Nandini winking at her.
"Haww... Manik.. Kya bol rahe ho... Chachi Kya sochegi..." Nandini said slowly going near him.
"Chachi kuch nahi sochegi..." Chachi said " Chachi ko sab pata hai ki mera sona Munda kitna romantic hai... aur tu usse kitna tang karti hai...waise lage raho... yahi din hai enjoy karne ke..." Chachi continued.
"Chachi aap bhi na.." Nandini said making faces.
"Kya... Chachi ko Kya bol rahi ho... unko pata hai tum Mujhe kitna tangg karti ho... haina Chachi..." Manik said turning to Chachi and gave a high five.
"Jao mai aap dono se nahi baat karungi..." Nandini folded her hands on her chest and stand like a cute little girl.
"Oh ho... ab bhi  bachi hai meri Nandini... bilkul jhalli..." Chachi came and hugged her with affection. Nandini too hugged her back. Manik felt happy seeing that happiness and relief on Nandini's face which was missing since he got married to her.
"Acha chalo breakfast is ready let's call everyone..." Chachi started setting up the table.
The atmosphere became more pleasant and cheerful when all the family members gathered at the breakfast.
"Tou Kya plan hai tum logon ka..." Chachi asked them.
"Plan is very simple Chachi..." Mukti answered. "as you know they already got married, so we tried to plan a hatke wedding for them. And they will marry in a catholic way..." she concluded.
"Matlab... we will not have any rituals... without the rituals how can anyone enjoy a wedding..." Chachi voiced her views.
"Oh ho shannoji... aap bhi bachon jaisi zidd kar rahe ho..." Chacha Ji said this time.
"Main zidd tou zaroor karungi... Aur Nahi tou Kya... ek hi tou Beti hai meri... uski shaadi mein bhi koi rasam Nahi ho tou kaise chalega..." she turned to Amms and asked." Amma aap hi kuch kahiye na..."
Amms looked at everyone being lost. Manik came by Chachi and side hugged her.
"Chachi, don't be upset... you want to enjoy the rituals right... koi baat Nahi... we will do what ever you want... aap jo bhi rasam reet karna chachi hai bilkul shauk se kariye.. theek hai..." Manik gave her the assurance. " so guys do you have any problem in this..." Manik still asked all of them to make sure that everyone is ok with it..
"No Manik why should we have a problem... we all will enjoy. Aur bada mazaa aayega..." Mukti also agreed.
"Yes... and we will get to wear different kinds of clothes... like Indian wear and western wear..." Aliya added her point of view.
"So it's decided, pehle haldi hogi, phir mehndi lagegi... phir sangeet hoga..." Chachi said. "And aaj after lunch hi hum Nandu Aur Manik ko haldi laga denge..." then she thought something and smiled.
"Dekho bacho Ek baar haldi lag jaaye tou dulha aur dulhan Ek doosre ko nahi dekh sakte..." Chachi announced.
"Aur agar tum log sach mein rituals ke saath shaadi karna chah rahe ho tou... phir yeh bhi manna padega..." she continued.
'What the... ab yeh kaunsa naya rule hai...' Manik thought making a face. Seeing his upset face Mukti said.
"Manik incase you are wondering... these are all old rules which every dulha and dulhan has to follow... kyun Chachi..." Mukti winked at Chachi. She was also enjoying teasing them.
"Aur haldi ki rasam shuru hone waali hai... jitna bhi milna hai mill lo... phir shaadi tak tum log nahi mil sakte..." she said again pointing to Manik and Nandini and was walking towards the kitchen.
"Chachi..." Cabir stopped her. "Actually I wanted to ask you something... Maine aisa kahin suna hai... ki Sab se Pehle dulha apni dulhan ko haldi lagaye tou Acha shagun hota hai..." he asked.
Chachi thought and said. " Haan Maine bhi aisa suna hai... per pata nahi kitna sach hai..." Chachi replied.
Cabir turned towards Manik and winked at him.
Manik rolled his tongue in his cheek in a mischievous way.
"Ab tou main he tumhe Pehle haldi lagaaunga..." he bend towards Nandini and whispered in her ear. She startled and looked at him.
"Mushkil hai... Chachi yeh hone nahi degi... nahi laga paaoge.." Nandini straightened herself and said.
"Challenge kar rahi ho..." he asked making his eyes wide.
"No... challenge nahi... I'm just telling you... you won't be able to put haldi on me..." she too whispered.
"Ok you are challenging me... Manik Malhotra ko challenge... ok challenge accepted..."he said getting up from the couch.
"If you say that it's a challenge than it is a challenge..." she too stands up dusting her shirt.
"Ok than... already Mrs. Nandini Malhotra... you gonna loose the challenge... and when you loose than be prepared to pay for the loss.." and he went away.
"But we never talked about paying for anything.." Nandini lift her hand after him to call him but he is already gone.
'Aiyyoo... Aiyyappa... yeh Maine Kya kar diya... now he will take it seriously... and I don't know what he will do...' Nandini was feeling helpless all of a sudden. 'Udne ka bahut shaukh hai na Nandu... aur fly kar air mein... and wait for his another mischievous encounter.' She was blabbering to herself.
After sometime Chachi went into the kitchen to prepare the turmeric paste and all the other necessary things which needs to be done at the rituals. When she left the kitchen Manik sneaks into it and took some of the paste in a small tiny bowl and left from there.
All the ladies got ready in the girls room with very nice and beautiful clothes. Aliya was as usual became the designer of all the events for all the ladies and she choose half sarees for all the girls and full sarees for women. And for Nandini she chooses a special saree for her haldi ceremony.