PART 12

The car came to a halt in front of the airport at the arrival area. Nandini observed her surroundings with a surprise.
"Manik yeh Tum Mujhe airport kyun Laye ho...Woh bhi itni raat Ko..." Nandini asked giving a questioning look.
"Raat Kahan hui hai Nandini... It's only 9 pm... Just have some patience... You will know why I bring you here..." He smirks hiding about the arrival of Navya and Cabir.
"Yahan kaun hai jisse Tum Mujhe milwana chahte ho..." Nandini still didn't figure out why he brings her here.
"Oh ho yaar Tum kitne sawaal puchti ho... Can't you just wait for sometime..." He said in an irritating tone.
Nandini make a pouty and puffy face and folded her hands on her chest like a small child.
Manik chuckles at her behavior... Cabir and Navya's flight already arrived as per Manik's timings and they were supposed to be coming out any minute.
"Ok let's get out of the car and take some fresh air.
She stepped out and stands by the passenger door leaning her back to it.
The peoples start coming from the arrival entrance and Manik was waiting eagerly.
"Nandini..."
Nandini was busy playing with her fingers when she heard someone called her name.
It was a familiar voice she lift her head to see Navya standing in front of her with a hand bag on her shoulder.
"Navya... Tum... Yahan..." Nandini was heck shocked with the sudden appearance of Navya right in front of her eyes.
Both of the girls pulled each other into a very tight and big hug... They both sobbed and sniffed feeling each other's presence a very very long time.
Cabir came and gave a hug patting Manik's back.
"Maine socha nahi tha Ki main do din mein tujhse phir milunga..." He tightened his hug and asked.
"Ab kaisa hai tu..."
"Never better... You tell me how do I look... In just two days... How different do I look..." Manik asked.
Cabir checked him from top to bottom and said.
"Umm... Face looks fresh... You look healthy... And the most important thing... You look happy..." Cabir said.
Manik grinned very widely showing his teeth. Both of them know the reason behind his happiness none other than Nandini...
"So Kab kar raha hai shaadi..." Cabir asked.
"Kahan yaar... She didn't say yes... She is confused...,and scared..." Manik said looking at Nandini.
"Par kyun... Why is she scared... " Cabir asked.
"Of loosing me again... She thinks that her destiny is not loyal to her... It will snatch me away from her again..." He said.
"Koi nahi... You don't worry... Ab hum aa Gaye hai na... Navya usko mana legi... Just relax... Tu tension mutt le..." Cabir patted his shoulders.
They smiled at each other and turned towards Nandini and Navya.They were still standing hugging each other. After quite a time they break the hug and Navya cupped Nandini's face in her palms and asked.
"Kaisi ho Nandini... It's been ages since we saw you... Humne Tou ummeed hi chod di thi... Tumse Milne Ki... Tum Aise gaayab hui... Kisi Ko bhi bina bataye... " Navya was busy in ranting.
Cabir cuts him off...
"Navya... Tum yahin saare sawaal kar logi... Ghar chalte hai... Phir... You can talk as much as you want..."
Cabir and Manik settled the luggage in the trunk of the car.
Navya came and hugged Manik and cried again.
"Manik... Tumhare saath itna bada accident ho Gaya... Aur kisi ne Mujhe Kuch bataya nahi... Itni parayi thi Kya main..."Navya sniffed.
" Here goes the emotional drama again... Navya Maine kaha na... Tumhari conditions Ki wajah se we hide it from you... Otherwise there was no other reason..." Cabir said patting her shoulders and winking at Manik.
"Navya... Dekho I'm alright now... And I drove the car today and bring Nandini here... All by myself... See..." He pulled back from her and showed her.
" you were alone there... That's why we didn't informed you... Now relax... You shouldn't take tension in this condition... Ok" Manik said holding her shoulders.
Navy smiled in return.
Manik sat in the driving seat and Cabir beside him...
Nandini and Navya settled themselves in the back seats and they drove off.
As the car was ranting with the roads with speed Nandini and Navya started their conversation.
"Navya... Tum Kaisi ho... Shaadi kar li... Baby and all Haan... Wow Navya... " Nandini shows her excitement...
Navya blushed hearing about her marriage and the baby on the way.
"Yeah... It's been two years now... And the baby's news was very exciting for both of us... " she answered bending her head down.
"I'm so happy for you... Congratulations... How is your health... You and baby everything fine naa..." Nandini's Doctor Mode was on.
"Ya ya... Starting mein nausea and vomitings and upset stomach... Sab tha... Lekin now Me and the baby are perfectly fine..." Both Nandini and Navya were chitchatting like the old days...
As if they didn't even got separated.
"Tum batao... Doctor ban gayi ho... Pehle se hi Tum sunder ho... Ab Doctor ke lab coat mein and stethoscope mein Aur bhi sunder lagti Hogi... Hai naa..." She teased her.
"Yeh Tou tumhe Manik se poochna chahiye Navya... Kyunki... Sab se ziyada issi ne dekha hai... Nandini Ko Doctor ke roop mein... Kyun Manik..." Cabir interrupted.
Both Manik and Cabir were enjoying the conversation going on in between both the girls.
Now it was Nandini's turn to blush and and at the same time getting scared.
She remembers the time when Manik was in the hospital... She felt a chill ran through her spine when he use to just see her in the lab coat... With stitches , bruised skin and on the hospital bed.
But she straightens herself and Manik was observing each and every expression of hers from the rear view mirror.
To make the atmosphere light Manik said.
"You know Navya... If you don't see her in her lab coat na than... She doesn't even look like a Doctor..." He jokes around.
"Arey Aise kaise... She is the one who looks after you in the hospital... For everything... Hai na Cabir... Agar yeh Doctor nahi lagti hai... Than how come you are on your feet in just one week... After that horrible accident... Haan bolo..." Navya counter attack him.
And Manik kept quiet. Manik knew that it's because of Nandini he is stable now... Otherwise there is no chance that he would be ready to get better. Forget about getting better...
He was not even ready to live.
And talking and joking around... They reached home. They all stepped out of the car Nandini and Navya went inside where Amms was already waiting for them.
"Nandini... Kahan reh Gaye thei Tum dono... Itne der ho gayi... I was getting worried... " as soon as they entered Amms asked Nandini.
And then she saw Navya.
"Yeh Navya hai na... Tumhari college Ki friend..." Amms asked.
"Yes Amms... This is Navya... We went to pick them up... Even I didn't know Manik kept it as a surprise... That's why we were late..." Nandini explained her.
Navya went ahead and hugged Amms.
"How are you Amms... It's been so long... " Navya asked.
"I'm alright... And it's so good to see you... Yeh mangalsutra... Yeh sindoor... Tumhari shaadi ho gayi hai..." Amms touched her mangalsutra and asked.
"Jii Amms... Hamari shaadi Ko do saal ho Gaye hai..." Right than Cabir entered with Manik with the luggage.
"Cabir hamare pati hai..." She pointed to Cabir.
"Not only she's married... But Amms she is expecting her first baby... She's five months pregnant..." Nandini informed her about Navya's pregnancy.
"Oh really... Congratulations beta... Bahut bahut Mubarak ho Tum dono Ko..." Amms wished them. Cabir went forward and took Amms blessings by touching her feet.
"Khush raho... Kaise ho Cabir..." She asked.
"I'm fine Amms..." Cabir replied.
"Amms ab hum aa Gaye hai na... Hum Manik , Aur Nandini Ki shaadi jald se jald karwa denge..." Seeing the hopeful expressions in Amms eyes Navya said in excitement.
Nandini looked at Manik first surprisingly and than at Amms and said.
"Excuse me... I'll go take out the dinner..." And she went away.
"What happened... Did I say something wrong..." Navya panicked.
"No Navya... You didn't do anything wrong... It's just that Nandini didn't say yes... Yet..." Cabir informed her.
"Itni si baat hai... Just watch me... How I will make her say yes... You don't worry Manik... And Amms aap bhi bilkul be fikar rahiye..." She side hugged Amms.
"Nahi Navya... Don't force her... I want her to say yes by her own will and wish... Not forcefully..." Manik stopped her.
"Manik... Don't you trust me... I know her... And Mujhe pata hai Mujhe Kya Karna hai..." Navya said chirpily and went in the kitchen