Ch. 47 - Fanfic Logic

ابدأ من البداية

"Mimi I-" I began, not really knowing how to word my rejection so I brought out the small black jewelry box in my hand, opening it and revealing the wedding ring inside.

Her blue tear filled eyes widened as she read Natalie's name that I had requested to be inscribed onto the bottom lid of the box, that way when I proposed to Nat she would see her name and know all I wanted was her.

I had planned this for a few months now, while I was out with her parents today to help them pick out some plants I asked for their blessings.

Edgar had passed out and Dennis had whipped his phone out, bringing it close to my face squealing "Say it again so I can record it and you can't take it back! You can't take it back!"

Nat and I have gone through so much, she was the first person besides my own mum who loved me for me.

I remember first seeing her, thinking, okay, she's my silver lining, my ticket to Mimi.

I would have never guess that she would be the girl I would lose my virginity to, and the girl who I would fall desperately in love with.

The plan was simple, it should've been easy, just get close to her until we were friends and I could see her sister again.

But then it wasn't so simple and easy anymore.

The more time I spent with Nat the more I forgot about my originial goal, she just made it so fucking easy for me to fall for her.

I tried, I really did try to keep it platonic.

Not even halfway in I gave up the idea of using Nat for Mimi because really, being with her was the only thing that made me happy at that point.

She made me forget, made all the pain go away with just her laugh and smile.

Then I tried being just friends with her because I was scared, I didn't want to get hurt again and if we ever did get together I would never want her to find out what my first intentions were in the beginning.

When that obviously wasn't fucking working I pushed myself to Lisa, trying to convince myself that I didn't need to get involved with another Kaufman and get my heart broken all over again.

But I realized that Nat was so much more than just a Kaufman, she was the girl I was in love with and I had never experienced such strong feelings towards anyone before in my whole entire life, not even Mimi back then.

No one could compare to my girl.

"I don't- I don't know what I'm going to tell Nat though..." I explained as Mimi nodded in understanding, crying even harder and taking the small box in her head to look at it as I rubbed the back of my neck.

I was so fucking nervous, it may sound ridiculous but Nat could be so intimidating at times.

She was so spontaneous and independent, everyone in her family knew she was a free spirit who ultimately didn't need any man in her life.

Knowing her, she would've probably made fun of me for being so cheesy and cliché.

But god, I'd be an idiot to not officially make that woman mine.

"We'll think of something." She said after she closed the small jewelry box before she placed her hand on my arm in reassurance making me smile.

"Uh... Mandy, I may have or may not have broke your new heels..." Todd's voice suddenly trailed off from the kitchen downstairs.

"What? Todd I swear to god!" Mimi snapped, now looking irritated as she placed the box back into my hand and walked passed me out of the room.

I smirked at their bickering before I looked back down at the box in my hand, my heart racing as I thought about Nat.