Ch. 47 - Fanfic Logic

Harry's POV

"Harry's here! And he got fucking begonias!" Todd yelled out, swivelling his scrawny body from side to side on the stool in the kitchen as I entered the room with the potted flowers in my hands.

"Oh that's not all I got." I laughed, smiling as I placed the flowers down onto the floor, feeling butterflies in my stomach at the joy and excitement that was coursing through my veins.

Everything was going just as I planned.

I just had to find Mimi.

I ran upstairs, humming an upbeat tune to myself finding it impossible to wipe the smile off my face.

Today was the day I was going to make her mine.

I made sure to check the room Nat and I were sharing together, finding it messy but empty as I proceeded to Mimi's room.

I knocked on the open door with a grin, making Mimi jump slightly as she rummaged with a pillow on her bed before turning to me, her face a bit flushed as she tried to get something out of her eyes.

"Uh- no, no she isn't she's still um," Mandy blinked, rubbing at her face before she sent me a small smile.

"Um, you okay?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion as I pushed myself off the door frame and neared her.

"Natalie's out with Grant and some directors for brunch." She said, avoiding my question as she fixed her gaze on the floor.

"Good because I really need to ask you something." I smiled, looking down to get the jewelry box from my pocket as I stood in front of her.

"Do you think-"

"Harry I- I still love you." Mimi suddenly choked out, interrupting me as I froze and gawked at her in shock, my eyes widening in disbelief as I gaped down at her small shaking figure in front of me.

Wait... did she, did she really just say that she loved me?

"I never stopped loving you..." She said softly, looking up at me with those teary blue eyes as if confirming my thoughts.

Mimi loved me.

For years, years I've been waiting to hear her say those words to me, I've imagined a thousand scenarios in my head about how this would go.

It finally happened, what I've actually dreamt about ever since highschool and I felt...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

No butterflies, no joy, just confusion and discomfort.

I almost wanted to laugh because I immediatly thought of something Nat had did once.

I remember one time I was laying down with her on her couch, lifting her top up to blow on her cute tummy, making that weird wet fart sound that she hated but in the end she would just laugh and try to push me away.

"I love you," She told me afterwards, raising my own shirt to blow on my belly as well which made me giggle.

Before I could say I love you back she brought her head up and said "Sike! You thought!" And I ended up tackling her to the floor in annoyance as we both laughed.

And you know, making love to her afterwards until she took it back.

Don't blame me, I enjoyed pleasing my woman any chance I could get.

I could feel my cheeks flush as I tried to maintain a straight face, not wanting to be an ass and laugh while Mimi was crying and pouring her heart out in front of me.