Ch. 27 - Happy

It was as if all the life inside of me had just been sucked out by those three words that left Harry's lips and my body had been tossed into a dark void of no emotion.

Yeah, hard to see a bright side in that situation but what did I expect.

It was going to happen anyways.

I blinked at Harry, nodding slowly trying to process his words before I slowly turned with a stiff posture, leaving the door open for him to come in but not saying a word as I marched into the kitchen.

"I'm- wow, nice, nice." I choked out, trying to control my breathing as I grabbed the pencil from behind my ear with a shaking hand, closing my eyes to calm myself as I heard the door close before Harry walked in.

Be happy. Be supportive. Be a friend.

"It was amazing." Harry breathed, letting out a sigh of content as he rested his elbows on the other side of the kitchen island across from me as my grip tightened on my pencil.

"Just everything, there were candles, petals, god and the lingerie she was wearing." Harry continued as I tried to swallow the bile rising up my throat.

"That's great... that's-" I began, my voice cracking before the tip of my pencil snapped against the papers making me curse under my breath as I blinked rapidly.

"Shit, stupid pencil, stupid stupid." I muttered, pouting down at the writing utensil as I furrowed my brows in annoyance.

"When I was with her in bed it was the most unexplainable thing, I've never felt any better, it was the best thing I could've done in my life." Harry said, stalking over to me in slow leisurely strides as I forced myself to look up at him and smile.

Why was he looking at me like that?

"Well, I'm happy for you." I said through my teeth, tugging my towel up as he neared me, my emotions unstable as I backed away from him wanting nothing more than to disappear.

"Are you? Are you really happy." Harry suddenly snapped, looking frustrated as he raised his voice making me back up until I was pressed against the kitchen counter before he slammed both of his hands down on the counter behind me, bringing his face down as I leaned away and clutched at my towel.

"Yes." I mumbled, breathing heavily as we glared at one another.

"Oh you're happy are you. You're happy knowing the fact that Lisa was the one that took my virginity, that she was the one making me beg for her in bed!" Harry yelled in my face, making me flinch in return, not from his overpowering voice but from his words that seemed to slice through me.

"Yes!" I screamed, trying to shove him away as I avoided his gaze.

"Look at me Nat! Look at me and just tell me how you feel! How does it feel knowing Lisa was my first!? Are you really truly happy!" Harry growled, gripping my chin in his large hand, tilting my face up so I would look at him.

"Yes I'm happy! I'm so..." I yelled back, my voice hoarse and then not knowing what else to do I finally did something that I hadn't done in a long time.

I started to cry.

"Happy..." My voice cracked.

This hurt. This hurt so much.

Warm tears began to trail down my flushed cheeks as my shoulders heaved while I wiped at my eyes.

"Look, tears of joy." I sniffed, the tears stinging my eyes before Harry grabbed my wrists, wrenching my hands away from my face as he gaped down at me.

"I knew it," Harry breathed, a look of disbelief on his face as he let go of one of my wrists to wipe the tears away from my cheek with the pad of his thumb.