The cool water on Tori's throat felt amazing. She then tried to speak again. "What happened?" Was all that came out in a whisper. "Tori you were beaten and shot. You don't remember?" Then all at once the evens that happened came flooding back. Olivia. Being hit repeatedly. Being shot. Oh no! The baby! Tori tried lifting her hand to her stomach. "Baby?" Sophia's eyes teared up instantly.

"I'm sorry Tori. The baby didn't make it." Tori's eyes widened. How could her baby be gone? This isn't right. "Tori don't try to sit up just yet. You still have many stitches in your stomach." She look at her stomach. Why was there such a big cut for just one bullet? "What aren't you telling me?" Tori whispered to them. Charlie spoke. "Tori you were dying. They had to remove your uterus to save you." The look on Tori's face went from sad to anger. "YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME DIE!!!" Tori screamed finding her voice again.

"Tori no!" Sophia yelled back. The doctor motioned them over to her. "This is a normal reaction. It will take time for her to except this. Some women don't feel like a whole women after a loss like this." Sophia looked over at Tori who was now staring at the ceiling like she was wishing it to fall on her. "We will do everything we can to make sure she knows how we feel about her." The doctor nodded. "That is the first step but what will be hard is getting her to feel that for herself."

They walked back over to Tori. Her face had softened. "Tori if its ok with you, we would like to bring the girls up to see you tomorrow. Sabrina has been asking for you." Tori shook her head. "That's ok. We don't have to bring them up tomorrow. Just tell me when you are ready and we will have them up here." Tori realized that Sophia misunderstood her. "I don't want to wait until tomorrow to see them. Can they come now?" Sophia smiled. "Yes of course."

Within 30 minutes both girls were there. "MAMA!" Sabrina yelled in excitement. "Sabrina mama is hurt. Do you remember how we talked about being still and gentle while mama is healing?" Sabrina nodded her head. Charlie picked her up and sat her next to Tori. Tori did the best she could to wrap an arm around her. Sabrina put a hand on Tori's bruised cheek. "Mama I missed you. I'm so happy you are ok?"

Sabrina leaned up and kissed Tori's cheek. "Do you have to live here now?" Tori nodded her head. "No Bri. I will be home soon. Just not today." Sabrina laid her head gently on Tori. "I love you mama." Tori was fighting to hold back her tears. Sophia noticed. It concerned her because Tori has always been so open about her feeling so why now when she should be a wreck is she holding it all in?

Tori and Sabrina sat talking for a while until Tori began to fall asleep. "Tori its ok if you want to sleep. We will all be here when you wake up." Tori didn't want to sleep. That is the place the nightmares happen. But being wake she could see the smile of the little girl next to her. Her cheerful mood was the only thing keeping Tori sane right now. But soon sleep won and Tori fell asleep.

As promised they were all there when Tori woke up. Sabrina was right back up with her mama. "Mama you are so beautiful." Sabrina said. Tori began to tear up again but fought it off. How could she still think I'm beautiful? Was all Tori could think. Sophia and Charlie sat watching the two interact until it became dark out. "Maybe you guys should go home. It's getting late."

Sophia took Tori's hand in hers. "Andrea is coming to get the girls but Charlie and I wont leave you." Tori looked at her. "I am just going to ask the nurse for something to help me sleep and then I will sleep all night. There is no point in you staying here. Go be with the girls. Get them to bed like normal. If you insist on coming back later that's fine but you should really go for now."

Sophia didn't want to leave at all but what if its what Tori needs. Maybe she needed time alone. "Ok we will go and get the girls in bed and then we will come back." Charlie said. Tori nodded and then they all said goodbye.
They got all the way to the car when Sophia stopped Charlie. "I cant leave her here alone Charlie. Something is wrong. I cant leave her for even 30 minutes to get the girls in bed. You go. But I have to stay. Leaving her now just doesn't feel right." Charlie nodded and kissed her cheek. Sophia turned and walked back up to Tori's room.