Chapter 9

THIRD PERSON POV

"What is this place?" Charlie asked with curiosity. Sophia chuckled. "Charlie its my old work place when I'm trying to earned enough for college." Charlie nodded her head. "Here? It look like.... Ummm... A run down.... Cafe?" "It's a diner, Charlie." "Diners still exist?" Sophia hit her shoulder playfully. "Of course! Now let's have our lunch here." Charlie's eye widen.

"What? Here? Are you serious?" Charlie seems unsure of her own decision. Of course, it's her own idea that she want to know how Sophia live her life. "Yes I'm serious. Why?" Sophia look like she figure something out. "Don't tell me you never step foot in a diner?!" Charlie smiled sheepishly. "Seriously Charlie where have you been." "Well either four season or Hilton. You choose." Charlie answered.

"No. We're having lunch here today. And that's final. And can you at least take off the coat. I mean it's a diner. Wearing a gold button coat in a diner is so.... Rich of you." Charlie fairly gasped. "No way. This cost is where I keep my phone and money." Charlie chuckled. "Beside, you're wearing a three thousand dollar dress and a Louboutin heels. So we're a perfect match." Charlie winked.

"You insisted on me to wore it." "I know. Come on. I'm hungry now. Maybe it's not that bad." Charlie try to convinced herself. All her life she never eat at a very..... Well let's just say shabby looking cafe/diner. Charlie opened the door for Sophia to come in and they searched for a free table. Charlie watched where she step on carefully. The diners filthy floor giving Charlie the second thought again.

Sophie took two menus from the cashier counter and  guide a nervous Charlie to a free table and smiled. "Your face is really funny right now." Sophia chuckled. "I can't believe I let my Python Loafers suffers like this." Sophia looked confused as ever. "It's my shoe. 2 Python died for my shoe and I let down in agony by coming here." "That's disgusting. How could you wear that shoe." Sophia asked with disgust.

Charlie chuckled. A waitress walked to their tables. "Hi I'm Donna. I will be your waitress for today because my Mother think it's a crime for letting her kids go to school. What can I get you?" Sophia smiled. "We need a minute." "Do you have any wine? Or liquor?" Charlie asked the waitress. Donna looked at her up and down. "From the look of your clothing, born rich and never been to a diner before. We have top shelf liquor. Vodka or whiskey."

"Both please. And Coke."Donna looked at Sophia. "I'll have the Coke." Donna walked away to the drink station. "You don't drink?" "I do but I need to pump my breast for Sam right. Do you want your kid to be drunk?" Charlie shake her head. "That's what I thought." Charlie looked through the menu. She don't even know half of this food is.

"There's no caviar for desert?" Sophia laughed. "Charlie this is a diner. There's cherry pie or cheese cake." Charlie closed the menu and sighed. "You know what. Just order me anything as long it's food." Sophia nodded. Moments later Donna come back again with their drinks. "Are you ready to order now?" "Classic turkey club and burrito both with fries. Oh and a cheesecake." Donna wrote on her note pad and walked away.

"What's a turkey club?"Charlie asked. "It's a sandwich. You do eat sandwich right?" Charlie nodded and drink her liquor. "Now that's drink. WHOA!" People around them looked over their tables and wondering what's happening. "Geez! Hush!" Sophia hushed a very amused Charlie. Charlie laughed. And sipped her Coke.

"Tell me about your family. Where's your parents." Charlie said and smiled. "They both in Philly." "So you're here with Carmela? Why in LA?" Sophia took a sipped. "Well Carmela is in UCLA. And in here because Brian want to live in LA after we graduated." Charlie stopped her. "Wait. He was a UCLA student? What course did he took? Department of bad attitude?" Or is it department of short stuff man?" Charlie laughed at her own joke.