A Thousand Years - Ashton

Welcome to our new book of feels ;) We started out with a book of Imagines and we had a great number of reads on it so we decided to start a book on Preferences. Sounds cool, right? Here is our first preference everrr. I will be doing Ashton and Michael for the Thousand Years preference and Melanie will do Luke and Calum.

Enjoy :)

Melissa xx ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton and I were lying in our bed, bodies intertwined. I laid my head on his shoulder, talking deep breaths while he rubbed my back with one hand and curled strands of my hair around his finger.

"I really do love you Y/N" he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

As he whispered those words, I looked up to his face to notice the smile that won me over.

~~~flashback~~~

Snowflakes fell on my mites as I walked back home from a day spent at my friend's house. The closer that I got to my house, the colder it seemed to get. I suddenly had regretted not packing an extra coat in the trunk of my car. If only I would have known that the engine of my car wasn't going to start. I looked down at my mites examining the tiny and different snowflakes as I bumped into a tall figure compare to mine.

"I'm so sorry." He started to say as I looked up to him.

I got lost in his beautiful eyes and his winning smile. His dimples showed as he smiled down at me.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you." He repeated

"I-I," I tried to formulate the words but I couldn't speak. He had stolen my speech. He giggled at my loss of words.

"I, it's fine. I wasn't looking at it was my fault." I told him afterwards

"Would you like me to drive you home, it's getting fairly cold out here. I left my car at Starbucks down the street. We could get a drink there before, if you would like." He asked

"I would love to since my car broke down earlier."

"I'll fix it for you tomorrow," he promised as we walked down the street to Starbucks.

~~~End of Flashback~~~

"You know Ashton, I was scared to find love. I was scared to fall and have no one to catch me but you did. After I had bumped into you that evening, I knew that I had found a home for my heart. I wasn't afraid anymore." I confessed as he left kisses on my head

"I'll keep your heart safe. After all, I waited a long time to find my princess." He confessed as well between kisses

I turned my face towards him and looked at him again before kissing his lips. I stared in his eyes as he continued his speech.

"I will never let anything take you away from me. I love you too much to let you go. Every breath that I take is for you. You are the reason that I live. I won't leave you."

I spent a big part of my life being afraid of love because it was uncertain to me. However, I learnt to love from the person that I hope to spend the rest of my life with. The person that taught me that love was possible and that even if we did fight, it could be fixed. He taught me that not all marriages end up like my parents. He taught me that it was okay to fall in love and never come back up. He taught me that it was okay to be afraid because there was always that one person who would care for you. That boy was Ashton Irwin- the boy that I will love for a thousand years and more.