"Possibly."

"Excuse you! You didn't even know what I was about to say..."

"I've tried everywhere, Blondie," Malia exaggerated with a sigh.

Aiden looked over Malia's figure, wondering if there was anything in her own closet that would fit the Latina, but that thought was shut down immediately. Malia had a bit of curves added with a little height, which Aiden didn't possess. So, her clothes would probably be to small for Malia too.

She scratched her scalp and looked around her as Malia sat silently with a pout on her face.

Aiden crossed her arms as her eyes zoned in on a rack of long skirts in the distance. She gasped and turned to Malia with a smile on her face.

"What?! What is it?" Malia asked, already getting excited.

"Well, Lia, I was just thinking and...do you know about the concept of a two-piece dress?"

Malia nodded. "Yeah, so?"

"So?! Instead of finding a dress, we can combine a bustier with a skirt, and wha-lah! It'll be perfect!"

Malia took a second to mull over the idea, and after she thought about it, a smile spread across her face. She took Aiden by the shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I knew I wanted to be friends with you for a reason. You're the best, chica. Un portero de verdad."

Aiden gently pushed away before taking Malia's arm and guiding them to another store, one meant specifically for younger people. "Come on. Let's find you something to wear, so I can go home."

---

"Where have you been?"

Aiden rolled her eyes as soon as the sound wave tickled the hair inside her ears. She turned around to see her sisters lounged on the living room furniture as both of them eyed her. Everett, the one who had asked the question, kept her eyes trained on her younger sibling as she passed a bowl of popcorn to Jenna. Aiden's older sisters had been watching a movie they had rented as was apart of a movie night they had planned earlier in the week.

Aiden shrugged her shoulders and kicked her shoes off by the door before heading to the kitchen to find something to eat. However, her sisters weren't inclined on leaving her alone. With the movie on pause, they stood and followed Aiden. The door to the refrigerator blocked their view of her. Nonetheless, Aiden had heard them come in after her and found herself rolling her eyes for the second time.

"What do you want?" She asked, addressing them as one person, with her head stuck in the fridge.

Everett looked at Jenna as Jenna looked back as Everett, neither one of them saying a word to their younger sister. Aiden emerged from the fridge with a can of Dr. Pepper. She eyed the older females, who shared the same eyes and the same blonde hair. She was so similar to them in terms of physicality, yet she felt different. If it weren't for Jenna's plumpness, the two could've possibly passed as twins, thereby making Aiden the Elizabeth to their Mary-Kate and Ashley.

"Aiden Jean," Jenna speaks up, " we were assigned the task of watching over you. That was the deal when you moved in with us. How are we supposed to keep you safe, if you're out doing god-knows-what and not telling us about it?"

Aiden chuckled. "When I moved in with the two of you, I was sixteen years old, Jen. That was years ago, sister dearest. I'm an adult now, one who knows how to get around just fine without either of you holding my hand, thank you. So, that being said, while I'm doing 'god-knows-what' and not telling you about it, it's because you don't have a true reason to be concerned." Aiden lifted the soda can to her mouth and gulped the drink down. It left a burning sensation at the back of her mouth and immediately there was pressure in her chest. She burped obnoxiously before putting her weight on her right foot and resting a hand on her hip. "Tell you what, if I ever decide to say...jump off of a cliff, or to slit my own throat, or to arrange my own kidnapping with visiting Taliban members, scoping out the military base...you guys will be the first to know. Promise."