••• Thirteen •••

Start from the beginning

I moan, tangling my fingers in those silky locks. Damn that mark and his amazing skill.

"Don't tell me...you didn't."
I push off of the couch and rush outside, and there, in the driveway, is a maroon Mini Copper with a massive white bow on the top.

I throw myself into my parent's arms, thanking them over and over as they just laugh. Amazing Christmas gift for sure.

The day goes bye quicker than expected as I'm soon laying next to Taylor on the couch, the two of us exhausted. Her feet are in my lap as we watch the old movie playing, a bowl of popcorn between us as the minutes tick bye. Our parents are washing the dishes from dinner as tomorrow approaches. And soon, I'll be meeting a pack of people who will all have very mixed opinions on me.

Later in the night, I take my car for a spin, going to Oliver's house as the usual group is there for some celebrating. That night we play games, chat, and just eat as another Christmas slips past, and soon, the New Year will arrive.

I'm left wondering about the pack house Nixon has spoken of. Emily told me it was a massive house in the woods, many rooms, each taken up by a warrior of the pack while those who did not go into service for their pack just live in the town or the suburbs of the city. Emily's father is the pack Doctor, using traditional methods to heal those, and occasionally, modern methods as well.

When the party begins to end, I stand up on the second floor of the house, looking out of the window, staring at the house I've come to love. It's dark as usual, looking abandoned as the snow leaves a layer around the beautiful design.

"You're infatuated."

Turning around, I see George there, those eyes staring at me. "What?"

"He's got you wrapped around his finger."

I stare at George, wondering why he's commenting on my situation like this. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"I think I do, Lily."

My eyebrows furrow together as Oliver appears in the room, already knowing that there's a heated conversation right now. "Listen here, George, you have no clue what goes on, you don't know anything about it. It's a private matter."

He smirks. "Just because you're getting the Alpha laid-

"George!" Oliver snaps, pulling on his arm. "That's complete disrespect, what would happen in Alpha Maxwell found out? You wanna tell me that? He's rip off your head."

I have no doubt he would. I don't think Nixon could ever handle someone whose disrespected me with mercy, but upmost wrath.

"Why not tell Lily the truth."

"You're leading," Oliver hisses, trying to pull George out. What truth?

"She needs to know the truth, the-

George is knocked out in one swift punch to the head, falling onto Oliver as he hoists him up. "You may want to leave, Lily."

I nod, racing down as I grab my things. Hopping into my car, I race home, ignoring the speed limits as I pull into the driveway. Home. Looking up, it feels so weird to be here, yet right.
I head to the front door, expecting no welcome as I unlock it and enter. My mind drifts to Taylor, my parents, George, and so many others as I head to the room.

"Back so soon?"

<><>

"It's beautiful," I remark as Nixon wraps his arms around me, the cold breeze causing shivers to run up and down my spine. We stand outside, in the city, before a tree in the center that others also converse around. On the third floor of a building, we're avoiding the crowd as its all silent up here.
His chin rests on my shoulder as we look at the view together. I didn't tell him about George, not wanting to make this moment turn bitter. It's tough to hide something like that from Nixon, how I was called just an easy lay for him.