Chapter Twelve: Voice

Kurt
November 22nd
7:00 pm
Dinning Hall

The sound of clanking utensils rang through the dinning hall. People talking about their weekend plans. Most of them involve them traveling to some fancy places that my family would have taken forever to save up for. I looked around at my table. The Warblers. They gave me no attention knowing my small situation with Blaine and music in general. Blaine however, still gazes towards my direction and when ever I look back at him he looks away returning to his conversation with his friends as if nothing happened.

I wondered where Blaine would take me after this. I mean I already agreed to go with him, it's not like I had any choice in the matter. But things got awkward between us during dinner because of what I said before entering the room for my dinner. Across the table, I over heard some conversations, more preferably Nick and Jeff's conversation with Blaine. I kept my head low so I wouldn't be noticed.

"So how are you and Kurt doin?" Jeff asked with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" Blaine responded taking a bite out of his meal.

"You know what I mean."

"What?"

"Did anything happen between you two?" Nick questioned.

"Nothing"

"Then what was it that happened on Tuesday? Why were you two late?"

"We weren't late."

"Oh really entering the classroom just on time is still late."

"Not really. There was one minute left." Blaine stated.

"Not to the Blaine Anderson that is always 30 minutes early..."

"I am not like that!" Blaine said "What do you even want with me?"

"You still haven't answered my original question. Why were you late?"

"I wasn't late. How much times do I need to tell you?"

"Okay then..." Nick grumbled at his technicality. "Why were you barely on time?" he emphasized the barely.

Blaine sighed.  He seemed to give up arguing with the two, "My alarm didn't go off at all and wesortofoverslept."

"Oh really?" Jeff stated sounding sarcastic hearing his last part of his answer.

"You sure that wasn't the only thing that went on?" Nick questioned with a wink.

"Um yes! Nothing happened between us!" Blaine exclaimed in annoyance. "Is that all you want to know?"

Silence.

"Have you made a move on him yet?"

Blaine almost choked on his food at this comment. Trent nearby noticed and asked him if he was okay. Blaine nodded regaining some composure. I was curious and surprised what he meant by it . Blaine liked a person? And a guy at that? I never pinned him to be a person that is gay. Not like I have a problem with that. I am gay my self and I can't deny it. Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone in the school really knows that, unless they are doing a wonderful job of showing they do not care. Well except that one day when I spilled the beans of my life story on some random stranger. The only clue I had was the person was apart of the Warbler. I still haven't figured out who it was and I sort of don't want to. If I investigate too much, it might spread and may be harassed by them. Especially difficult with Blaine next to me all the time. However,  I started to doubt this. Ever since going to this school, no one has ever really said anything to really insult me and who I am. I also saw no bullying anywhere. Maybe finally this was the place that actually abide by their words of "No harassment policy."