Mysteriously Charming Chapter 5

~Alex's point of view~ The next day I woke up to Lily jumping on my bed again.

"Do you only do this when I have school?!" I asked.

"I only do this to annoy you," Lily said.

"Ok, get off or you'll walk up with a snake in your bed every morning until I move out!" I shouted. Right away Lily jumped off my bed and ran into her room. She's always feared snakes and I’ve had like 20 of them. Amway, I went to the bathroom and did that stuff.

"Take a jacket. It’s going to be chilly," Mom said before I walked out the door.

"Is summer," I said

"I know. It's just going to be chilly." Mom said. I nodded then went up stairs, got a jacket and walked to the bus stop. When I was there I saw Alice struggling to hold the project.

"This thing is heavier than I thought it would be!" Alice said once I walked up to her.

"Here, I’ll take it," I told her as she handed me the project.

"Thank you," Alice said. "What's up with the jacket?"

"My mom said it’s going to be chilly," I said.

"It's summer," Alice said.

"That’s what I said," I said as the bus arrived. On the bus I sat next to Alice who sat next to her friend.

"Who's the hottie?" Alice's friend whispered causing me to smile.

"This is Alex," Alice said. "Oh and Alex this is Holly."

"Hi," I said.

"Hey," Holly said. For the rest of the ride Alice and Holly talked and I just glanced out the window.

Science Class.

The science lesson was boring.... well then again I zoned out.

"Alice, Alex, can I see you guys after class?" Ms. Burns asked. I nodded so did Alice. A little bit later the bell rung and everyone left.

"What did we do?" I asked as I walked up to the desk.

"Nothing I just wanted to know how you guys made the project," Ms. Burns said.

"Well I made and painted the clay," Alice said.

"And I described the planet for her. And I also carried it," I said.

"Oh. I was just making sure you guys worked together," Ms. Burns said.

"Is there anything else?" Alice asked.

"No," Ms, Burns said "You guys can leave now." When Alice and I walked into the hallway it was empty.

"Wow," Alice said.

"Come on! You know our bus driver doesn’t wait for anyone!" I said. I grabbed her hand and ran to the buses. Our bus was just about to leave when Alice and I arrived.

"You’re late!" The bus driver said.

“I don’t give a damn!” I said.

"He might kick you off the bus," Alice said once I sat by her.

"I'll buy a car," I said.

"You can drive?" Alice asked

"Of course. I just got my car taken away..," I said

"What did you do?" Alice asked.

"I have no idea," I said. Alice laughed "So you can’t drive?"

"I've always been scared to," Alice said

"Why?" I asked.

"I don’t want to go to the store and come home dead!" Alice said. I laughed.

"There's nothing to be afraid of," I said.

"Sure. You’re fearless," Alice said.

"Fearless as in the Taylor Swift song? My sister gets that song-"

"No! Fearless as in without fear," Alice said while laughing.

"I’m not fearless! I’m afraid of..," I trailed off. Maybe I am fearless…

"See you don’t even know!" Alice said.

"I’m afraid of death. There? Happy?" I lied.

"Oh," Alice said. Alice and I walked off the bus together.

"I guess this is it," I said.

"Well we can walk home together," Alice suggested.

"Sounds go to me," I said.

"I wonder why it’s so cloudy," Alice said.

"I don’t know," I said as we saw lighting and heard thunder. Alice ran behind me. I laughed. "Afraid of a little storm?"

"Duh! I’m not use to them," Alice said. I laughed. I notice she was shaking a bit.

"Cold?" I asked she nodded. I shrugged my jacket off and placed at around her shoulders.

"Aw. You don’t have to," Alice said.

"I'll be fine," I said. She hugged me.

"Thanks," She said.

"Welcome," I said.