Chapter 6: New School

Monty is the one to wake you up this morning which was quite pleasant as he was gentle about getting you out of bed but once you were he didn't let you back in. Tired you walked to the bathroom to take a shower to wake up.

After the shower you let your hair air dry and put on some clothing good for the current warm day. After getting them on your decided out fit you check to make sure the pin was in place and that you look okay in your mirror. Going downstairs for breakfast you see your mom happily walking around and humming a tune. She seemed excited about something. You went over to get some cereal and milk but asked on your way, "Mom what is exciting you this morning?" Her jaw dropped, "(y/n)! Have you forgotten already! It's your first day of school!" you stopped in your tracks. It was the first day of school and you had forgotten it!

The walk to school was short and you chatted with Monty, who was in your bag, the whole time. You were living quite close so it didn't take long before you were standing in front of the doors. No one was really around because you came early to explore the grounds, but the first thing you needed to do was go to the principal's office and get your schedule. Unfortunately for you, you had no idea where that could be so you just roamed to the halls looking for someone to ask. It wasn't very long before you found someone else who came early too and you caught her right before she entered some classroom. You tapped her shoulder and she turned around and you realized it was Marinette. This made you feel better knowing you knew someone in this school. "Oh hey (y/n) I didn't know you went to our school!" "Well it's my first day and I need some help finding the principal's office, think you can show me the way?" "Yeah sure! Follow me." she said and you two continued down the corridor and started up a friendly conversation. When you finally got to office Marinette waited outside for you. "We got some classes together." she said, happily pointing them out. One of which was first hour so she walked with you there and the teacher directed you towards a seat in the back but since no one was really here yet you sat next to Marinette and continued your chat.

After a while more students came in and to your delight Alya walked in class. When she sat down she was beyond excited about something. When Marinette asked what it was that had her worked up she went into a whole speech about Tigeress. It had you a bit nervous, but when she mentioned her blog post about it her focus changed to the positivity of your art! She went to grab her phone to show you some of the responses you got but got interrupted when a pair of boys joined your group. One of which was the you modeled with and heat flooded your face from embarrassment. "Oh (y/n)! This is Nino," Alya said gesturing towards the one in the blue, "And this this is Adrien!" she said pointing to the blonde. He was the one you modeled with! You just let out a small "Hi" but before anything else could be said the teacher ordered everyone to sit. Sitting down in the seat you were assigned you let out a breath of relief. That conversation could have gotten really awkward. The classes passed pretty quickly so soon it was time for lunch.

Alya quickly called you over to a lunch table as soon as she saw you. As you sat down there you looked at the other people around you. The same people from this morning. Marinette and Alya went to get food. Nino went too soon after leaving you and Adrien alone. After a minute or more of silence you actually struck up a conversation. It was nice, he was really polite about things. Soon after Alya, Nino Marinette came back and joined in. Your group joked around as if you were all friends from childhood while passing strawberries to Monty under the table. However a bit into all your jokes someone came over to your table. "That's Chloe." Alya snarled into your ear. "Oh Adri-kins!" she said, kissing Adrien on the cheek. All of your faces were full of disgust, "Why don't you come and sit with me?" she asked. "No Chloe I think I'll stay here." He said quite bluntly. "But-" she was cut off by a very annoyed you, "Did you just hear him? He isn't interested. Go away." and she stomped off very mad. "Oh, you will regret that later!" Alya told you. "Why?" you asked confused and she explained, "She's the mayor's daughter! She gets whatever she wants!" "Oh." you just replied, but it didn't take long before the talk started again. However it also didn't take long before it ended though and you had to go to class. Luckily this was your second class you all had together.

During this class the teacher announced that we would be starting a group project today. Signing and looking down at your notes you knew you were going to have to be very dependent on your group members for this one. After a bit of explaining she began to call out the groups. About half way through her list she called, "(y/n), Nino, and Adrien!" She put Marinette and Alya with the same boy you sat next to during your first class. The one with red hair and blue eyes since you didn't know his actual name. "Who's house can we go to after school to work together? It can't be mine." Adrien questioned the group. "We can go to mine." you suggested quietly. Nino and Adrien agreed to walk with you to your house and that's where your group would work on the project which would be due by next week. The rest of the day went by quite fast and soon it was time to meet Adrien and Nino in front of the school to walk home.