Chapter 3

(Scarlett's PoV)

My optics shot open. The scenery around me was slowly coming into view and I knew I was back in cybertron, though I'm not sure if I ever even left really. The problem was I had no idea where on cybertron I was. I was far away from where the others had set up shop to start rebuilding this place and everything was a mere wasteland as far as I could see. As I stood up I felt the pain of my wound shoot through me. Optimus may have had the power to bring me back but not the power to completely heal me.  I was going to have to be careful not to die again. Thankfully the wound was no where near as severe as before, most of the damage was only on the inside and no energon was leaking out of me. I realized that, that was the last time I would probably ever see Optimus for a while at least. I shook the thought away as I tried switching into my motorcycle mode. Nothing happened.

'My t-cog' I thought. I tried switching into my other mode. It worked to my relief. I had no idea of what to do given my lack of location knowledge. That's when I heard the engine. It echoed across the sky as I saw him. He was far off but it was Megatron without a doubt. He seemed to be going incredibly fast as if wanting to get somewhere in a hurry.  But he nearly stopped on a dime when he noticed me. He hovered in the distance for a moment before flying over to where I was. I transformed out of my vehicle mode. He transformed out of his as well as he landed.

"I see your wounds are not as severe as Knock Out portrayed them to me,". I was hesitant to answer him.

"Well not anymore at least," I accidentally let a sigh escape from my voice box and Megatron knew something happened.

"I assume there is a reason for that?" he asked.

"There is, though I dont know if you'll believe it,". He went to responded but he stopped as we both heard a buzzing in the distance.

"Insecticons," Megatron muttered.

"Let's just say that those aren't your average Insecticons," I said.

"I'm aware. I'm also aware that you aren't in a completely fit state to fight them either," he said. I went to speak but he stopped me. "I do not know what has happened to you but I do know I will not allow any Insecticon scum to harm you any further,". Without another word he headed off toward them and began ripping them apart. I hadn't seen him fight like that sense-... I stopped myself from thinking of that and wondered about what to do. He obviously wanted me safe and to get to somewhere safe but I didn't want to leave him. The number of Insecticons seemed to be larger than either of us anticipated and despite everything in me telling me not to,  I rushed over to Megatron's side. For the first time in what felt like eternity my father and I were fighting side by side.

'We really did it Optimus, we brought him back,' I thought to myself as the two of us continued to fight off the Insecticons.

"I had thought I made it clear to you not to get involved," he somewhat snapped at me.

"I had thought I was making it clear that I wasn't losing you a second time," his look of surprise was one I don't believe I had ever seen before, yet we continued our battle all the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N): Sorry if it's a little shorter than normal I got kinda sick these past few days but I made a promise to update and I really wanted to write this scene anyway. I remember during the first book while I was writing imagining a scene where these two would fight along side one another. Gotta love that father daughter bonding time by slaughtering enemies together. The next chapter should be out sometime next week.