Epilogue

Epilogue➹Jon & Lily

I brushed myself off the floor, and apoligized profusely to the guy that nearly ran me over.

He was shooting profanities at me and I was getting so scared so I kept apologizing as I walked away.

Well, a great start to a great day. I realized that I had been through so much worse and this wasn't actually that bad.

I quickly fixed my blonde hair into a tight ponytail, hoping that something like a bird picking me up and taking me away wouldn't happen.

And with me, that could totally happen.

I whipped my phone out to tell Jon what happened in my little accident, but had decided against it as he was waiting for me at the café anyway and I didn't want to be another minute late.

Lately my first thoughts were often to turn to Jon and tell him my oppinion on things. I mean we had been talking for many months and I was grateful for it as I was still getting used to America. Yes after a whole year of living here.

I walked for another 5 minutes or so, trying to familiarise myself with the surroundings as I had an urge to come to the café more often.

Jon was such a kind soul, and I was sort of excited to see how he looked in real life- not through video chat and random interviews on the internet.

I walked into the store and saw Jon handing out coffee to a couple of teenagers so I quickly went to the cashier and ordered a chocolate iced latte with whipped cream on top.

I sat down and looked out the window for awhile, surprised that Jon had not seen me yet.

Why did I want to see him so badly?

Soon I was tapped on my shoulders, and pulled out my little daze.

My head shot towards the man with curly hair and the really cool jeans.

"Jon" I cried. Well, squeaked. Squeaked would be a more appropriate word.

He put down my latte, and cleared his throat.

"Lil?" He said smiling.

"Yeah, this is weird. I can touch you now" I laughed poking him.

He just smiled and said "you're not late".

"Yea- wait so I didn't miss anything?" I questioned utterly confused.

"Nope; I'm going on at 2" he said while sitting down opposite me, smiling.

I looked at my watch and it was 2:30.

What?

At that moment I remembered that I did that so I wouldn't be late.

Oops.

"Do you want to tell me what sort of accident you were in?" He said slowly taking his apron off.

"Oh yeah" I said getting riled up all of a sudden "So I got off the tube- I mean subway and I was like walking but I think my head was in the clouds because next thing you know a car nearly ran me over" I said completing the story.