eleven

for Lilly, because she's hilarious asf and has the most beautiful profiles and stories ❤️. and she loves zayn a whole bunch, so that's a plus lol.

ELEVEN

"What's that?"

Kendra reaches forward and squeezes the spot under my chin where a deep purple mark lives. I slap her hand away before yanking my turtle neck even higher to attempt to hide the hickey. "Nothing—" I attempt to insist.

Kendra exhales largely. "Is that a hickey?!" She shrieks, grabbing my neck and squinting her dark eyes. "That is a hickey! Leah!"

"Kendra!" I hiss, shoving her down the hall as passerby begin to curiously peek over their shoulders at the cause of such a commotion. "Can you be any louder?"

"Yes, actually." Kendra whips around once we've halted in a more secluded area of the high school. "Now please explain to me why there's a hickey on your neck and who the hell did it because damn Leah."

"It was," I pause, looking around to make sure that no one is eavesdropping. When the coast is clear, I continue in a whisper, "Brady."

Kendra's eyes nearly explode out of their sockets as her jaw drops to the floor. "What?" Kendra whisper-shouts.

I nod vigorously, trying not to laugh at how accurately she displays my emotions to the situation. I've always been fond of Brady but never really in a sexual or romantic way, mostly because those feelings were always reserved for Ford. I'd sometimes get the vibe that he liked me but because Brady was just so nice to everyone I always shrugged it off. Now that I know that he definitely likes me, I'm not too sure what to do, like as for our friendship. Obviously the kiss was a little to hot to be labeled as friendly, but because I've never actually liked Brady that way I'm not sure if a relationship is something I'm willing to try.

Then again, it's Brady, and anything involving Brady is bound to be sweet. The image of a perfect boyfriend comes to mind: roses, chocolates, constant kisses, sweet nothings. Some of those things Brady already does, like giving Kendra and I chocolates and roses on Valentine's Day just to show us that he cares because even he knows we're bound to be single for a while. Not to mention he's a great kisser, like, almost as great as Ford was when we were together. He's able to turn me on while still making my heart swoon, which is such a wonderful combination when you're thinking of a boyfriend.

Kendra slaps my arm suddenly, bringing me out of my train of thought and back into the tired hallway that we're currently confiding in. "How the hell did this happen?" Kendra questions me, nearly jumping up and down with excitement and curiosity.

"He came over the other day while I was song writing." I explain. "We were just talking and then he said that he likes someone and when I asked him who it was he ..." I point to the hickey then, and Kendra nearly screams with laughter.

Kendra claps her hands in mock applause. "Who knew Brady had kinks?"

"Kendra!" I laugh, slapping her arm then. "This is kind of serious though, like I'm not sure what to do about it."

"What do you mean?" Kendra grips onto her backpack, beginning to walk. I follow her, knowing that the warning bell will probably be ringing sometime soon. "Just ask him out."