Please Don't Hurt Me (9)

Start from the beginning

I don't get much of my looks from my dad except for my dark brown hair and my green eyes. The rest of my looks I get from my mom, darker complexion but not too dark. My mom had some Hispanic culture so I assume that i get my darker complexion from them. I've never been asked if i'm a different race though.

I'm very okay with not inheriting much of my dads looks because even though i love him, I really don't want to look at myself and think of my dad when I see myself. It's hard enough when I look at myself and see my dad's eyes.

"Why would I want to eat something that smells like a dog pooped?" He snickered. By now I could tell that he was trying to get a reaction out of me, but i'm not gonna let that happen.

"It doesn't taste that bad, I got everything from the store so I didn't hand make it," I told him.

Last time I tried to make something homemade for him he got mad and threw the hot bowl of soup at me and I got second degree burns on one side of my face along with half of my left arm.

"Bull crap Emily!" my dad screamed.

"Everything you do and make is bad!" I didn't think he could scream louder but sure enough he did.

"Everything I do is not bad Dad! Have you seen my grades?! Straight A's!" I screamed back. Screaming back at him probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but right now I was too upset to care.

"All you are good at is school! You are a good for nothing freak that hopes that a school like Harvard will except! Why would they want a freak like you?!" He screamed again.

That really hurt but I wasn't going to show it. I really didn't think anything he could say would hurt me more then what he just said but I was surely mistaken.

"And worst of all..." no. He wouldn't say that, he surely knows that it isn't my fault...

"What kind of daughter would kill their own mother?!" he did.

I couldn't respond, I couldn't move. I was frozen in my spot. My eyes started to blur with my tears so I couldn't really see or process what my dad was going to do next. He grabbed an empty vodka bottle and smashed it on the top of my head. 

Something started to drip down the side of my face, which i'm assuming is blood. But I was in too much pain to really care.

All I could really hear was the faint sound of my dad laughing, but I soon felt little shards of glass being thrown at my limp body. By now I knew for sure that I was bleeding, and a good amount at that.

"This is what a nothing should feel like," my dad spat in my face. I couldn't really see him because of the tears in my eyes.

I tried to speak or say something but I couldn't. It was as if my whole body was in a state of oblivion and I couldn't get out no matter how hard I tried.

I couldn't hear anything except the sound of bottles crashing against a wall. Dad must be in the basement but I didn't care where he was, I want to get out of here. No, I need to get out of here and I need to get out of here fast before he comes back upstairs again.

I slid over to the counter where my phone was laying and used a chair to try and help my get on my feet. It was no use, I just kept falling so I got on my knees and crawled my way to the door.

Once I got outside I immediately started to shiver, but I had to get as far away from that house as I physically could.

About half way down the street I was strong enough to get back on my feet and I started to run.

I bumped into a pretty hard chest but before I hit the concrete sidewalk the mystery man caught me.

"What happened babygirl?" the mystery man asked. That voice, who's voice is that? I couldn't quite put my finger on it. And that smell, I knew that smell.

I started to get really sleepy and it was becoming harder to keep my eyelids from closing.

"No babygirl, please you gotta stay with me," the mystery man pleaded. Who is this man?

I really tried and really wanted to stay awake but it was starting to become harder and harder with every passing second.

"Please don't hurt me," was all I could really get to come out of my mouth.

"Oh babygirl...why would I hurt you?" Not much of that sentence really processed in my mind because i slowly but surely started to drift off into a painless oblivion. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.// Hey guys! This chapter was a bit longer but once i started i really couldn't stop. I really hope yall are liking my book so far!