Ch.9-

It was completely dark outside now. The pitch black sky was full of ominous purple clouds that covered the Cresent moon.
I laid in Foster's bed, the blankets pulled up to my  chin.
I rolled over and gazed at him.
His olive skin reflected the moon, twinkling in the light.
He was sprawled on the floor, the blanket only half covering his shirtless body.
I turned onto my back and closed my eyes.
Once I was almost sound asleep, I heard low chattering come from the hallway.
My ear pricked up as I propped myself up on my elbows.

"I can't believe I did that.."
"Well, it's okay. It might be awkward between you two for a while, but you have to talk to her."
"I know. But, I mean, she seemed to..you know, like it until I asked her to...you know."
"Listen. Tomorrow I'll talk to her for you."
"Thanks Nolan."
"Yeah, yeah."

I listened as their footsteps faded away and I laid back down.
--------------------------------------
I woke up, strands of sunlight shining into the room.
As I rolled out of bed, I heard Foster and Nolan arguing, as usual.
I shuffles out of the bedroom and plopped onto the couch in the living room where Nolan was writing.
"Whatcha writing? A story?" I asked.
"No. I'm writing a poem." He set his pen down and raised his eyebrows, reading over the paper.
"Can I hear it?"
He nodded and began to read.

"See the boy standing in the corner? No words, always quiet, a loner? No one to see him, no one to care as he stands on the edge of despair. Won't someone help him? It'd be easy if they tried. Just the little things he needs, like a shoulder on which to cry. An apology to his parents and a plea to die. Into divers position, he's made up his mind. No one will see him. No one will care. Even if they did, all they would see is the shell of a boy who is no longer there."
I sat motionless.
"Wow.. that was deep." I commented.
"Yeah. Do you write?" He asked me.
I shook my head.
"No. Even if I did I wouldn't be as good as you."
"Hmm, I'm not that good. I just write how I feel." He said, placing the notebook on his lap.
"Where's Cole?" I asked.
"In the kitchen, I think. Maybe you should talk to him..."
I raised an eyebrow, shook my head and got up.
"I shall return." I said in a vampy voice.
"You'd better or else..." He said pointing his pen at me.
We laughed and I walked into the kitchen.
Foster was sitting on the floor and Cole was leaning against the stove.
"Hey guys." I waved.
Cole looked up and grinned awkwardly.
"Hey girly girl." He said.
"We need to talk." I placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Of course. FOSTER GET OUT." Cole demanded.
Foster looked up and flipped us off.
"I'm shocked!" I gasped sarcastically.
"Go suck a-"
"FOSTER, NOW!" Cole glared at him.
Foster stormed out of the room mumbling under his breath.
"What's his problem?" I crossed my arms over my chest.
"Well.. that's not important right now. Anyways about last night.." Cole started.
"Yeah. I, um. I'm sorry that I ran away like that but I'm not. I mean I can't have sex. I just can't. No after.." I broke off, remembering the incident.
His cold, soulless eyes. And, god, that smile.
"Aria."
I snapped back into the moment.
"After, what? What happened? You can tell me." Cole said, his those amber orbs of his gleaming.
I took a deep shaky breath and continued.
"I was raped. I ran from home because my mom pissed me off and he raped me. I tried to scream but my voice just wouldn't come out of my throat.
He wouldn't get off me because he said we were in love-" I choked.
Tears began to trickle down my face and I turned away from Cole, not wanting him to see me cry.
I felt his warm arms grab me and he squeezed me against his chest.
He cradled my shaking body as if I were a child.
"Shhh. Hush, your okay. No one's gonna hurt you anymore. As long as I'm here no one will ever touch you. Do you hear me girly?" He said, running his fingers through my hair.
"Promise?" I sniffled.
"Forever." He pulled away from me and held his forehead against mine.
"I barely know you guys, but I feel like I've known you all my life. Almost as if we were-"
"Meant to be together? I agree. Foster, Nolan, and I really care about you." Cole frowned.
"I know. Now turn that frown upside-down." I said, gliding my thumb across his lips.
"It's just that.. why. I don't understand how someone could do that. Do that to such a young and beautiful girl. It amazes me how disgusting humans can be." 
"But they can be beautiful too. Humans are beautiful creatures. Intelligent and loving." I said, remembering my sister.
"Well, I'm starting to loose fate in humanity." Cole sighed, gazing out the window.
"Why?"
"Because. All humans do is destroy, kill, burn, and murder. That's all."
"That's not true-"
"YES IT IS! Do think think it's beautiful to be bullied to the point where you try to take your life? Do you think it's beautiful when doctors tell you that your doing it for attention? Is it beautiful when you get sent to a residential hospital where the staff neglect their patients to the point where they don't eat for days? Do you think it's beautiful when-" His voice broke off.
"Cole, Cole calm down." I said hushing him.
"So you know what those kids in school did to me? The pain they made me go through every fucking day? They would draw pictures of me killing myself and stick them in my locker. They spread horrible rumors about me being a homicidal maniac. They would jump me after school and I would be injured to the point where I could barely walk. And now I'm broken because of it."
"Cole, your not broken. You and your cousins are the strongest people I know. Don't ever say your broken, because if you were, you wouldn't be here taking care of us. You would focus on the negatives every waking moment. You would have no love or compassion. And you do. Trust me. You do." I hugged him and rested my cheek against his.
"Thank you, Aria. I.. I love you." Cole stuttered.
I stopped hugging him and looked deep into his eyes, as if our future was written inside of them.
"Cole.. I love you too. I love all of you." I smiled.
"Even Foster?"
"Yes, even Foster." I laughed.
I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw Nolan peeking his head into the room.
"I, I heard yelling. Is everything okay?" He asked gently.
"Yeah, we're A-Okay. Now go get dressed. I'm taking everyone out to lunch." Cole cheered.
"Even Foster?" Asked Nolan.
Me and Cole looked at eachother.
"Yes, even Foster." We sang in unison.