Chapter 5

My leg burned, muscles screaming in protest. Lines of warm blood trickled down my face. My scars were all bleeding, leaving me feeling light headed. Quickly, I ran to the nearby stream to gently wash all the clotting from my skin.  Grabbing some cloth from my bag, I made a few bandages to stop the blood from pouring out. I managed to quell it for now, but my arm still trickled thin lines of red. Stumbling into the town, weary and tired, I could barely make out the sign. "Buttz?! Welcome to Buttz, North Carolina? Idiots!" I yelled in my feverish state. A little boy walked fearfully up to me. "M-miss, why are you shouting? A-and why are y-you covered in b-blood? A-are you a k-killer? Will you kill m-me too?!" I ignored him, not trusting myself to speak. I walk away, only to be cut short by a scream. Laughter. Singing. Then a deafening shriek as a bloody girl runs down the street, crying for help with Jimmy right behind her. "Help! Help me, please!!" She shouts. A man runs out of the building she was in front of. He shot Jimmy in the shoulder, prompting the killer to run away. The girl was crying as she fell to the ground, and the mysterious man picked her up and carried her inside.