CHAPTER 1 - Surprise

It was a beautiful morning. The sky looked calm and the birds chirped as I looked out through the window wrapped in my bath robe. The fan was spinning at its high speed and my wet hairs were drying by itself. I pulled down the screen of the window and stood in front of the mirror. A damp pale face glared back at me. I took at my body lotion and pressed it against my skin. It felt soft and moist. I immediately wore my shorts with a tank top and sat in front of my laptop. It had always been my routine to check my mails and do some random surfing for an hour or so. I made it a routine to learn a few things every day by sparing an hour in front of the computer. It was occasionally that I would log in to Facebook. 

After an hour of watching some crafty tutorials and listening to the latest songs, I switched off my laptop and crawled to my study table. It was no longer a study table. It was now filled with piles of plain sheets of paper and some printing sheets, paints, encyclopedias and cartridges. I pulled out a sheet of paper from the pile and sat down on the chair. My occasional letter writing happened whenever I find the mood to write. It may be early in the morning or even at midnight. That day I wrote to Jacob.

Dear Jacob,

I know it was really unfair of me to behave that way with you. It might have hurt you and I'm sorry. I don't know why it always hurts to think of you. Whenever you see me, it's like a dagger piercing my eyes. I can still remember the day when you saw me with love and those eyes that looked hurt when I frowned and ignored. I know I'm wholly responsible for your heartbreak. In spite of that you look at me like I'm the special one for you even now but I don't know how to react. Should I smile or should I frown for betraying me? Should I blush or should I cry for drowning in your sea of love? 

I know there's nothing you did to betray me but then the relationship between us was supposed to be friendship and friendship alone. You drew me beyond a friend, you dragged me beyond the relationship and now when you're neither drawing me nor dragging me and I'm left alone to either rise or sink, I don't know what to do because I was dragged and drawn by 'you'. Now your hands are no where around me and you've left me free to decide. I would've begged for help from my best friend but that bestie is you. In other words, I'm deserted with no one to seek help. How can I come for help to you when the problem I'm facing is 'you'? 

Confused,

Jessica Hartley...

"Honey!" yelled my mother and I immediately dumped the letter in a box in the locker and rushed to her. The voice came from the kitchen so I went there. "Honey! Look who has come!" she screamed from top of her voice and I shut my ears with my hands looking through the kitchen window that showed the empty street where our house lay. "Kevin?!" I exclaimed and looked at my mother. "Mom! Was Kevin supposed to come here today?" I asked her. "No honey! Stella didn't inform me about his arrival" she looked puzzled and I gave her the same look. 

Mom and I hurried to the door when the door bell rang.

"Jessyyy!" exclaimed Kevin and I threw myself into his arms. He was grown and was so much taller than me. My head only touched his chest and I felt like a dwarf underneath him. My mother waited patiently to hug Kevin until I left him. She gently hugged Kevin so much unlike me. It looked like a formality to hug people on their arrival. I wondered the reason for my mother's changed behavior. She looked tensed but I cared too little for her because Kevin was here.

A/N : Hey Readers! 

I know that this chapter was quite short and you might have grumbled to have not found Zayn in  it but mark me readers, Zayn's role comes later in the chapters and not in the first few ones....

Hope y'all liked it....

Who do you think Jacob is?

If you liked it, VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE the story!!! :)

XOXO,

Sindhu....